Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited)
Job Title: Area Technical Officer
Company: Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
Purpose of Area Technical Officer Job
- To coordinate, control, manage, support and track day to day network operations in the Area to ensure optimal network availability, coverage, maintaining target network KPI’s to deliver plus one network quality and customer focus.
- Providing local network support for both the Sales and marketing team in the Areas to ensure the overall network management and quality.
- The ATO is the Network SPOC in their respective area and executing arms of Network in the Region
Roles and Responsibilities
- Interface with Zonal Business Manager to understand commercial plans and determine required network support for same
- Ensure OPEX efficiency of MSC locations by ensuring prompt payment of utility bills, effectively managing the electricity distribution companies to avert power disconnections to the data centers and reduced diesel consumption
- Track and lead Correction of Zonal Network performance (Various Network KPIs and Network Availability)
- Manage MS Vendor partners to ensure all the Customer Complaints in the Zone are timely Resolved
- Network Interface to both internal and external stakeholders especially Commercial teams to ensure customer issues are resolved within acceptable KPIs
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Electrical /Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- Cross-functional knowledge of Telecommunications Network
- 5-10 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 3-5 years managerial/Supervisory experience in a GSM/mobile company.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.