You are invited to apply for the 2021/2022 Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarship. This scholarship is for international students that want to further their achievement at Illinois Wesleyan University, USA
About the Scholarship
Full-tuition scholarships are awarded each year to highly qualify international students based on their talents, interests and academic achievements. The President’s scholarship is renewable for up to four years of study. Applications must be complete by Feb. 15 to be considered.
Illinois Wesleyan is able to award merit scholarships and need-based financial aid for international students in each first-year entering class. Students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents are considered international students.
Scholarship Benefits and Details
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Illinois Wesleyan University, USA
- Scholarships Worth: Full tuition fee
- Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
- Subject Eligibility: Any discipline
- Scholarships to be taken at Illinois Wesleyan University, USA
- Scholarships level: Undergraduate
Some of the Documents Required
Students interested in admission to Illinois Wesleyan University must submit:
- One of the following applications (one application is not preferred over another):
- IWU Application
- Common Application
- Transcripts for all previous high school and/or college coursework
- Teacher Evaluation of Recommendation (for those utilizing Common App, the evaluation portion of the School Report will fulfill this requirement, but additional letters are welcome.)
- ACT /SAT scores
- Personal Interview (for test-optional)
- International students whose first or native language is not English are still required to submit either the TOEFL or IELTS.
Key Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarship for International Students
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must be admitted to an undergraduate program.
- The award is available for undergraduate courses offered at the University
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.
- A high school transcript and/or GSE results (if your transcript is not in English, also require a certified translation)
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
How to Apply for this scholarship
All interested applicants seeking the Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarship for International Students are required to take admission to the undergraduate degree program at the University. Thereafter, all applicants are considered automatically for the award.
Please note that the Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarship closing date is February 15, 2021