This payroll manager job description template was drawn up for postings on job boards or job pages online. You should customize this template to suit the needs of your organization.
Payroll manager responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and directing all payroll procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and obligations as regards to payroll taxes.
- Supervising and guiding the payroll team.
Brief job description of a Payroll Manager
We are searching for a payroll manager to lead our payroll team. He will be responsible for ensuring that our payroll taxes and expenses are accurately paid
and on time. A huge part of the job will be managing our payroll team and function as a liaison with other professionals.
Our archetype candidate is analytical and methodical, also possessing payroll management experience and deep knowledge of payroll regulations. At …… we value integrity, team spirit, and great organizational skills.
Your aim would be to make sure that our payroll processes are compliant, efficient, and current.
- To develop systems to sort out payroll account transactions (e.g., wages, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and third-party payments)
- Coordinating payroll and time control systems
- Monitoring the processing of payroll changes (e.g., new hires, contract terminations, increases) and system improvements
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and internal policies.
- Supervising and guiding payroll managers and assistants.
- Acting as a liaison with auditors and manage payroll tax audits.
- Collaborating with the Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams.
- Keeping factually correct records and prepare reports.
- Solving issues and answering questions related to payroll.
Requirements of a Payroll manager
To become a payroll manager, you need to meet some of these requirements;
- Verifiable experience as a payroll manager or a related position.
- Updated knowledge of payroll processes and related laws.
- Outstanding knowledge of payroll and taxes in various geographical locations.
- Proficiency in HRIS / payroll software (e.g. SAP, ADP, Kronos) and MS Office (especially Excel)
- Keen Attention to details
- An analytical mind and great math skills
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organizational and leadership skills
- A Degree in Accounting, Human Resources, Business Administration or other related fields.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPP, CPM) will be an added advantage.
salary expectations of a Payroll Manager
The Salary ranges for a payroll manager vary widely depending on many factors like educational qualifications, certifications, additional skills, and years of experience. But the annual average salary for a payroll manager in the United States is $76,088.