Website 9mobile Nigeria
Senior Engineer, VAS at 9mobile Nigeria, Interested and qualified candidates should see the job detail and apply.
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, VAS
Location: Abuja, NG
- Operate and maintain VAS platforms/ systems to ensure constant (24 hours) availability and stability.
- Technical support operations and projects for the deployment and delivery of VAS products and services.
- Put in place strategies to ensure 99.99% network and service availability of VAS nodes
- Work closely with vendors in the testing, implementation and maintenance of services as required by the business (Commercial and Marketing requirements)
- Perform a comprehensive analysis of faults/failures on VAS nodes to determine the root cause and conduct corrective action for permanent resolution in a timely manner
- Analyse daily generated alarms and error logs, report, trends and implement a proactive measure
- Work closely with other stakeholders (products development, customer care and Network Planning)to deliver quality value-added services.
- Develop and apply high level of skills, knowledge and standards to stay current with business and industry trends.
- Apply proactive approach towards performance management, and suggest corrective measures to arrest any shortfalls
- Perform acceptance tests on newly implemented VAS platforms to validate features, capacity and functions
- Have a full understanding of VAS protocols including SMPP, USSDI&II, SIP, XML, Diameter, HTTP(S), SS7, SIGTRAN, Web services, IP and others (SNMP, ICMP, etc)
- Perform other assigned duties as delegated by Manager PS & CS VAS
- First degree or equivalent in Engineering or Science
- Four (4) to Six (6) years post NYSC work experience
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Expert knowledge of Network Availability and Capacity Management
- Good understanding of technology evolution (Cloud Computing, Software-Defined Networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), IoT, M2M, AI etc.)
- Good understanding of Online and Offline billing
- Good understanding of Software life cycle
- Basic knowledge of IP Technologies
- Expert knowledge of Database Management System (RDBMS and NoSQL)
- Good knowledge of data visualization
- Expert knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating system
- Good knowledge of VAS service flow
- Basic Programming knowledge (PHP, PL/SQL, Python, Shell Scripting etc.)
- Great teamwork and collaborative spirit
- A self-starter with high attention to detail
- Ability to engage and drive others to deliver targets
- Proven ability to make an impact both internally and externally
- Problem Solving and analytical mind
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit careers.9mobile.com.ng.