ATTENTION!!! FOLLOWS US ON GOOGLE NEWS and be the first to know about high paying job vacancies so you can apply IMMEDIATELY. Click here to JOIN GOOGLE NEWS.
Sahara Group is recruiting the position of Travel officer. Make sure you read the requirement before applying.
About Sahara Group
Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
Job Title: Travel Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- To manage and maintain a smooth and efficient Travels and Protocol system and provide satisfactory service solutions for the organizations on travels and immigration related activities.
- This means researching destinations and available services; booking hotels, flights, and car rentals; coordinating activities; and managing documentation. The role ensures that all employee travel is safe and organized according to company policy.
- Ensure all travel bookings are made promptly and accurately within stipulated time
- Ensure travel bookings are kept within budget and are cost effective
- Manage relationships with the TMC’s, Consultants, Airlines, Hotel Management Companies, Embassies and the Nigerian Immigration office
- Keep accurate information of Staff’s travel documents
- Assist on an on-call & after-hours basis. Includes working remotely on weekends as needed.
- Research visa requirements for travelers, entry restrictions and other relevant travel concerns.
- Monitor travel and intelligence provider alerts and develop solutions to near-term issues potentially affecting travel (i.e. inclement weather, organized strikes, global events, etc.).
- Prepare weekly and monthly travel reports
- Build strong relationships with internal customers, managing internal customer expectations and parameters
- Facilitate entry/transit visa process & determine best place for submission by working with visa service, embassies and/or field offices.
- Help resolve staff travel issues such as trouble shooting unforeseen delays. Seek opportunities and offer suggestions to improve travel process; coordinate visa and travel procedures as needed by staff
- Facilitate entry/transit visa process & determine best place for submission by working with visa service, embassies and/or field offices
- Responsible for accurate invoice processing and follow up on payment with Finance units
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
- Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of cognate experience in a similar role. Travel industry background is essential including some practical knowledge of Amadeus and fare rules.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
- Exceptional ability to work independently as well as with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to make independent decisions following standard policies and procedures.
- Experience in corporate travel management, travel strategy implementation, including a comprehensive understanding of airlines’ and travel agencies’ practices, corporate payment methods and industry economics and trend.
- Knowledge of Ticketing & Expense reporting and processing
- Communication: Actively work to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks requiring a high degree of attention to detail with changing levels of priority.
- Executive Directors
- Managing Directors within the Group
- All Staff
- Vendors, Travel Agencies & Consultants,
- Finance department
- Service Providers etc.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit saharagrouplimitednigeria.applytojob.com.