Website FHI 360
Technical Officer Data Analyst at FHI 360, Interested and qualified candidates should see the details and apply them.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer Data Analyst (Temporary Hire)
Employment Type: Full time
Supervisor: Director MEL
- The Technical Officer Data Analyst (TO-DA), under the supervision of the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, is responsible for managing our master data set, developing reports, profiling/performing gap analysis, and troubleshooting data issues across all projects states.
- To do well in this role candidates need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases. The Technical Officer (M&E) will work with others in the country office, state offices, and local implementing partners to ensure that project data are of quality, appropriate, and meet the donor and project’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing master data, including the creation of dashboard, updates, and deletion. Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets. Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines. Helping develop reports and analysis such as visualization and dashboard using Power BI or Tableau.
- Develop innovative and appropriate data visualization methods to convey key trends to a range of audiences. Identify salient data patterns, perform complex analysis and interpret trends/patterns coming from the data. Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements. Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization. Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems. Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports. Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems. Training end-users on new reports and dashboards. Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field. High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases. Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards. Ability to analyze a complex data set using data modelling techniques Technical knowledge of ETL Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS / MD / PhD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years’ relevant experience in Data Science, Computer science, Statistics and Engineering with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS related activities.
- Or BS/BA in Data Science, Computer Science, statistics, Engineering, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years’ relevant experience in Data Analysis, Data mining with a good knowledge of HIV/AIDS in resource-constrained settings.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.