First Bank of Nigeria Limited
Subsidiary Strategy & Business Proposal/External Content Associate vacancy at First Bank of Nigeria
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Subsidiary Strategy & Business Proposal/External Content Associate
Ref Id: 19000050
Job: FBN GEN. Job Family
Organization: Managing Director
Job Type: Full-time
Grade Range – From: Senior Banking Officer Grade Range – To: Deputy Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting directly to the Head, Strategy, this individual will serve as the key resource for developing the overall Subsidiary Strategy for the Banking Group as well as supporting the execution of key go-to-market strategic initiatives towards the achievement of identified goals
- Lead the development and communication of the strategy for subsidiaries of the Commercial Banking Group. This includes, but is not limited to, developing an overall strategy for the bank subsidiaries based on the Commercial Banking Group corporate strategy and assisting in cascading it down
- Support the Bank’s industry thought leadership positioning and aspiration through the development of high quality contents for the Bank’s external engagements and events
- Direct, synthesize and execute insights gained from market analysis, internal capability assessments, competitor intelligence, customer research, product assessment and financial analysis and modeling.
- Present new ideas for growth of individual subsidiaries through understanding competitive actions and market trends in the industry locally and internationally with strategic intent of influencing and directing management thought
- Support the coordination and planning of the annual Board Strategy Retreat event for the Commercial Bank and subsidiaries including making presentations on industry insight to assist the Commercial Banking Management in its decision-making function; coordinating presentations of each member of the Management Committee and relevant (SRFs) to ensure appropriate message is delivered to the Board and Management
- Support the implementation of the strategy of the subsidiaries, focus towards maximizing market share, shareholders wealth and increasing profit by translating strategic objectives into practical plans and goals
- Provide analytical framework to define and implement the subsidiaries’ strategic plan, develop strategy maps that incorporates financial, customer, internal processing and employee capability objectives
- Provide analytical and value-added insights to Subsidiaries’ Management on market and business trends, consumer innovation and patterns, financial structure, macroeconomic factors and demographic potentials
- Support strategic customer acquisition through the development of winning client/customer pitches and proposals, working with SBU leadership teams.
- Support the bank’s continuous improvement journey by monitoring the external and competitive environment to distill key insights for decision making
- First Degree in Economics or related discipline
- Postgraduate degree or other professional qualification may be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years strategy/financial services consulting experience
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit firstbanknigeria.taleo.net.