State Manager (Sales & Distribution) at Paga Nigeria. Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Manager (Sales & Distribution)
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Financial Institution
Career Level: Grade 8
Reports To: Regional Manager, Lagos Region
Department: Sales & Distribution
About the Role
- The State Manager is responsible for delivering agent revenue growth targets, through effective development and management of the sales team in their assigned region.
- The role involves hands-on supervision of field sales consultants. The State Manager manages all aspects of running an efficient sales team: including hiring, supervising, coaching, motivating, and disciplining direct reports.
- Achievement of commercial targets set for the region – SM has ownership for achieving the overall commercial targets set for all territories within their area.
- They include targets for active agent, transaction mix, transaction value, transaction volume and others as may be assigned.
Deliver on regional set targets – Analyse /break down regional targets to their FSCs (data interpretation):
- Conduct regular spot check on agent activities and sharing with their FSCs.
- Ensure that FSCs report on competitor activities in their assigned area.
- Strategically train FSCs to achieve set targets.
Coaching/Mentoring Field Supervisors (FSCs) in the assigned territory:
- Train and retrain FSCs under their supervision to ensure that they train agents to expected standard.
- Mentor, coach and provide immediate correction to FSCs and escalating issues to RM where applicable.
- Communicate important company updates to the FSCs in their region and ensuring that the information is understood.
- Assess the activities and performance of FSCs under their supervision and report to the RM where applicable.
- Conduct the company wide quarterly EPA for FSCs
Representing Paga in the assigned region:
- Ensuring agents are empowered to meet regional target.
- Conduct spot check visits to agent outlets to ensure proper merchandising standards.
- Work closely with Mega Star and Super Star agents for business continuity and growth.
- Share localised ideas on what works in their region with the Regional Manager and best practices across territories.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment.
- Must be able to develop and communicate competitive landscape analysis
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in sales.
- Strong leadership
- Strong ability to motivate, influence and advice people
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Take initiative and ownership
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Good judgement and decision-making ability
- Conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written
- Strategic thinking skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit paga.bamboohr.com.