Job Title: Social Worker
Location: Monguno, Borno
INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
Intersos, established in 1992, is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
The Social worker is responsible to provide assistance to beneficiaries hosted in the reception centers and
implement project related activities
KEY JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to INTERSOS policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines as well Government rules and regulations.
- Under supervision of Reception Manager Officer, receive new arrivals and register them
- Conduct monitoring visits in Reception Center all in order to assess needs
- Conduct social mobilization and awareness session in Reception Center
- Conduct vulnerability screening of new arrivals at reception center
- Referral of vulnerable individuals to specialize services according to their needs
- Collaborate with other service providers at Reception Center
- Conduct FGD and actively participate
- Collecting data though given tools
- Coordinate with other INTERSOS staff of other projects such as CCCM
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University Degree in Social Science or related field
- Minimum 1 year of experience in humanitarian work
- Minimum 1 year of experience in CCCM/Protection (Desirable)
- Basic Knowledge of IDP context in Nigeria
- Basic knowledge of CCCM standards
- Experience is staff management
- Cultural sensitiveness
- Computer skills (KOBO)
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, powerpoint presentation etc.) are an added advantage.
- Excellent command of English and local languages (English, Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa)
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates interested in this position should Send their CV and cover Letter ( in PDF format) to [email protected] and indicate as the subject, the position for which they apply (example: “Protection Officer”). Please send your CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
Please note that only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 13th May 2019 at 12:00 noon
Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org