Website FairMoney Nigeria
Senior Software Engineer at FairMoney Nigeria, Interested and qualified candidates should see the detail and apply.
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
- You will be working as our Senior Software Engineer in our Tech Division which is now composed of 15 people worldwide (and growing). You will be based in Lagos and working with our engineering team based in Paris.
- Your mission is to develop new features for our customers based in emerging countries in order to improve the services of our Android application. Your goal is to build the new digital bank for emerging countries.
We are waiting for you to work on :
- Developing new features (ex: wallet),
- Decreasing the time spent fixing and maintaining already shipped features,
- Improving an infrastructure which can handle over 2M clients.
Our technical Stack:
- Our customer product is an android application;
- It communicates with a Ruby on Rails backend (sikekiq, rspec);
- Our ML pipeline is an API-flask (Python);
- We are hosted on AWS: we use Elastic Beanstalk, a RDS Aurora mysql database, S3, Kinesis (data-stream, firehose);
- Prototype of a data warehouse on GCP (GCS, BigQuery, Cloud Composer);
- We have automated tests that run on Travis.
- You have 5 years of experience in backend,
- You know how to handle a project from specification to delivery – you also handled mentoring and onboarding of new software developers,
- You are able to code in a backend languague (Ruby on Rails or Python or node.js or Go or Php or Java…)
- You have knowledge/ experience with AWS or GCP cloud providers,
- You are able to go to the most efficient solution,
- You know how to take initiatives.
- You must have a solid track record of achievements (academic, professional, and/or sport);
- You have worked / be working in the FinTech industry, and on emerging markets is a plus;
- You must have an entrepreneurial mindset and commitment to get hands dirty at all times;
- You must be a problem solver with a data-driven and KPI-oriented approach to maximize the efficiency of all the operations;
- You must be curious in nature.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.