Website the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Health Clinical Assistant at the International Rescue Committee (IRC), Interested and qualified candidates should see the detail and apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s Emergency Response Team, with local partner CISCOPE (Civil Society Coalition for Poverty Eradication), implemented a project to support livelihoods and improve WASH in Kogi State from February to May 2013. This was followed by a 3-month nutrition and food security program in the same location from October 2013 to January 2014. The IRC is now in the process of establishing long term presence in Nigeria. An office has been established in Adamawa State, North East Nigeria and are providing critical humanitarian assistance to conflict affected people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Clinical Assistant
Requisition ID: req11013
Location: Mubi North, Adamawa
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- The Health Clinical Officer services is responsible for overseeing health care activities for IRC supported health facilities in Asikra Uba Borno state and Selected LGAs in Adamawa State. Responsibilities will include day to day support to health facilities, monitoring of activities, report making, coordination with other sectors and government authorities as well as close collaboration with health facility staff and managers.
- The Health Clinical Officer Services will have no line management responsibilities and reports to the Senior Health Clinical Officer.
- The position is based in Mubi with regular trips to IRC’s health programs throughout Askira Uba and other parts of Nigeria as needed.
- In collaboration with the Health Manager, ensure that health programs utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as outlined by the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and WHO. Ensure that all health activities are consistent with established best practices.
- In collaboration with the other health program staff in Nigeria, oversee the implementation of health projects implemented by IRC Nigeria.
- Promote the quality of the IRC’s health programs by following the measures put in place in collaboration with other staff and the IRC health unit.
- Ensure sound data collection and information management systems are in place for ongoing monitoring of health programme activities
- Participate in the design of robust M&E plans and design / adapt health information systems including surveillance systems for the IRC health programs in Nigeria
- Contribute to the growth of the IRC health programme in Nigeria through quality implementation of project activities, adequate monitoring and timely reporting as needed, working in conjunction with other colleagues in the IRC Nigeria program.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision to all supported health facilities, provide mentoring and technical support and appropriate feedback as needed.
- Work with the Health Manager to ensure appropriate use of programme resources
- Organise planned trainings for health staff and ensure that FMOH and WHO guidelines are used for all trainings which should be delivered in a quality manner.
- Support the setup of use of FMOH clinical guidelines in all health facilities, providing mentoring as required to improve compliance and discuss implications of the results.
- Follow all IRC guidelines, programme and budget management tools
- Ensure a good working relationship with all stakeholders involved in service provision to supported health facilities in Adamawa State.
- Ensure the consistent use of the IRC grant management guidelines during programme implementation.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Health Manager
- Position directly supervises: Health Clinical Assistant
- Indirect Reporting: Snr Health Clinical Officer
Other Internal and / or external contacts:
- Internal: Required to be a good team player, works effectively within the team
- External: Close coordination and collaboration with line ministries (PHCDA, MoH), partners (Alima, WHO) and stakeholders (Community leaders, community structures and Clients)
- Education: College Diploma in Nursing / Midwifery / Clinical Medicine
- Work Experience: At least 5 Years work experience in health programs both at clinical and community-based programs, working in maternal and child health, drugs and medical supplies management and other primary Health care components is preferable
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding Health Policy of Nigeria
- Previous experience working in Northern Nigeria, willingness to work in Northern Nigeria
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience delivering MCH and related trainings to health staff using national or WHO guidelines
- NGO work experience is an advantage
- Should be able to use Microsoft Office especially MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to communicate in English language (written and spoken);
- Knowledge of local languages is a plus
Certificates or Licenses:
- Diploma in Nursing /Midwifery / Clinical Medicine
- The position is based in Mubi Adamawa state with frequent travel to other IRC field sites. Successful candidate will be required to work 8 hours daily and 6 hours on Fridays.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- IRC and IRC employees must adhere to the values and principles contained in the IRC WAY (Standards of Professional Conduct). These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on the protection of beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse, child protection, workplace harassment, financial integrity, and retaliation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.