Senior Graphic Designer at Pulse Nigeria. Please make sure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Graphic Designer
- We are looking for a talented senior graphic designer with great design skills and a strong portfolio to join our creative team.
- You will translate client requirements into stunning and engaging designs and also bring your creativity and fresh ideas to our online marketing efforts by creating impressive visuals that are attention-getting and on-brand.
- The Senior Graphic Designer is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office. The role will report to the Director of Accounts & Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Clients/Account Managers to produce great designs.
- Create designs and layouts with high visual impact that will appeal to our audience across the various Pulse platforms/channels.
- Quality control of designs and layouts including proofreading for spelling and grammar.
- Gather information and data for design briefs through research and demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches.
- You may be required to manage more than one brief at a time and will have to allocate the relevant amount of time according to the value of the job – ensuring that deadlines are met on all design projects.
- Responsibility for securing appropriate rights, licenses, and clearances for image usage to avoid copyright infringement.
- Work with a wide range of media, including photography and interactive design.
- Ensure the proper organisation and backup of graphic design work.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media and keep up to date with design software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, and other software from the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain strong, trusting relationships with all internal and external partners – clients and internal teams.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements when it comes to website projects
- Illustrate design ideas using process flow, sitemap and also design great Graphical User Interfaces.
Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role:
- Minimum of 2 years of graphic design experience and a strong portfolio.
- Solid understanding of design principles and practices
- A good understanding of UI/UX design
- Fair understanding of motion graphics.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and design software such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe XD and After Effects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very organised with strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online