PiggyTech Global Limited
Senior Finance Officer at PiggyTech Global Limited. Please make sure you go through the job requirements before sending your application
PiggyTech Global Limited (“PiggyVest”), is a financial service company that helps customers achieve financial freedom through responsible savings and on-the-go investment. PiggyVest is the largest online savings and investing platform in Nigeria. With a growing user base of over 1.2 million customers, PiggyVest is growing its suite of innovative products to further help people better at financial management and planning.
Location: Lagos, NG
Job Type: Full-Time
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
- We are looking for an experienced Senior Finance Officer to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
- Senior Senior Finance Officer responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
- A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating. Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage all accounting tasks
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with regulatory principles
- Liaise with our COO to improve financial procedures
These are not all the outcomes you will be expected to achieve, but some of the primary ones:
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Summarize financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produce payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- We strive to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected
- At least 5 years’ experience as a financial officer, controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / year-end close process
- Hands-on experiences with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant courses.
- Accounting certifications (e.g. ICAN, CMA or CPA) will be added advantages
- Experience with (fin)tech startups will be prioritized
- Full time. The pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs and generally work will be carried out during normal office hours. PiggyVest is a flexible employer.
- Holidays: 14 working days per annum, plus statutory holidays
- Contract: This is a permanent contract. The period of notice is 3 months in writing on each side. There is a probationary period of 6 months.
- N6M – 7.8M Net Annual Salary
- Housing Bonus
- Discretionary Quarterly Performance Bonus
- 13th Month Salary
- Healthcare, Pension, Taxes
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit piggyvest.breezy.hr.