Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
Senior Finance Management Officer (SFMO) Job at Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
The Federal Government of Nigeria and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) have approved the establishment of the Country Programme Advisory Team (CPAT) for the coordination of all IFAD funded projects in Nigeria. The team is to ensure quality and provide unified and result-based services to the country programmes in the following thematic areas; Monitoring & Evaluation, Youth and Gender Mainstreaming, Climate change adaptation and Environment, Nutrition mainstreaming, Financial inclusion, Finance and Expenditure Management, Communication and Knowledge Management.
To facilitate the composition of the Team, the vacancies below have been declared:
Job Title: Senior Finance Management Officer (SFMO)
- Reporting to the Lead CPA, the SFMO heads the Financial Management Unit (FMU) of the CPAT. S/he provides financial management to support nsk management, coherent and consistent application of procedures, and crosscutting activities of the finance units of the projects.
- Provide guidelines for the preparation and updating of the projects’ Financial Manuals and ensure adherence to their provisions.
- Evaluate periodically the financial reporting and internal control arrangements for the IFAD projects in Nigeria and prepare proposals for improvements.
- Liaise bet.
- Ensure that project financial management and accounts are correctly maintained and operated in a timely manner according to the project plans, relevant project documents/mission reports and IFAD project procedures, and that they deliver high-quality outputs in a variety of project implementation processes.
- Travel periodically to the projects to check the operation of the system of internal control and control of reports submitted by the management units.
- Participate in FMARD and/or IFAD supervision and evaluation missions to identity lessons learned and implications for the projects’ next steps.
- The duration of the assignment will be for an initial two years, renewable annually based on the successful completion of a one-year probational period, and availability of resources.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance or MBA or equivalent qualification in accounting and finance.
- Professional certification (ACA, ACCA, ANAN).
- Certified training on financial management in internationally funded projects.
- Basic knowledge of IFAD Financial Management Practices and Procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Government of Nigeria Financial Practices and Procedures
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in a relevant donor-funded project with similar responsibilities in budgeting, accounting and reporting procedures of international donors.
- Ability to present financial information in a clear, concise manner to non-technical audience.
Method of Application
Note: Candidates should write boldly the position they are applying for as the subject of their email
To apply for this job please visit [email protected].