Action Health Incorporated (AHI)
School Meal Planning (SMP) Assistant job at Action Health Incorporated (AHI). Please make sure you go through the job requirement before applying for this job.
Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for young people’s successful transition to a healthy and productive adulthood. We envision a world where every young person can reach their full potential. We work with young people, community leaders, government agencies, the private sector and other stakeholders to ensure that policies and programmes are emplaced to accomplish this goal.
Job Title: School Meal Planning (SMP) Assistant
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
Duration: 5 (Five) Months (Extendable)
Responsible To: PCD Nigeria Country Director
Action Health Incorporated (AHI) on behalf of Partnership for Child Development (PCD), Imperial College London is short-listing applicants for the position of School Meal Planning (SMP) Assistant to provide technical support for PCD in Nigeria
PCD in partnership with the Federal Government of Nigeria is implementing the National Home grown school feeding Programme, complete with a resource mobilization strategy. PCD will provide technical support to and collaborate with the Federal Republic of Nigeria to set up and run a national HGSF office within the Vice President’s Office. This office will work towards scaling up a sustainable HGSF programme in Nigeria by coordinating all partner activity and supporting state governments in programme design and implementation.
- Support and contribute to the finalization of the use of the school meal planner for the National home-grown school feeding program
- Provide technical training and other onsite support to the consultants working on the SMP providing guidance for the implementation.
- Provide support and undertake duties in administration of the Nigerian office
- Assist in the development of protocol for the operations research on agricultural procurement and financing tools and processes for the national home-grown school feeding program
- Provide technical support to the focal states to strengthen the use of the School meal planner;
- Undertake other general activities related to the work of the team with regards to NHGSFP
- Submit a monthly report detailing the activities performed
Requirements / Qualifications
- A University Degree in an appropriate discipline, such as Development Studies, Finance, Business Management.
- A minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Must be self-motivated and energetic with good leadership, teamwork, analytical and communication skills
- Must possess strong presentation and report writing skills.
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should prepare a one-page statement / Cover Letter that describes his / her suitability, skills and experience using the five selection criteria listed below as subheadings:
- Experience in a development program in public service environment;
- Demonstrated planning, organising and team skills;
- Research, investigative and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Understanding of the Home grown school feeding programs, as well as a capacity to develop a strong understanding of PCD’s goals, programs and procedures
A copy of applicant’s CV and above one page statement / Cover Letter should be sent by e-mail
to: [email protected] clearly stating the position applied for in the subject area of the email i.e “SMP Assistant – PCD”
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
22nd May, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit actionhealthinc.org .