Save the Children
Save the Children Recruits Payment Assistant. The management of this NGO is currently hiring Payment Assistant to enable them to coordinate cash transfer related activities.
Please make sure you read all the present job requirements by the organization.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfill their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
Ref Id: 200003FW
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
- We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- The jobholder will ensure effective coordination and implementation of Beneficiaries cash transfer related activities at the LGA level.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: MIS/Payment Coordinator
Key Areas of Accountability
The jobholder will also be responsible in the following areas of Accountability:
- Ensuring that payment agent/ vendor invoices are correctly approved accurately coded and processed on a timely basis for beneficiaries.
- Organizing Payment to beneficiaries
- Verifying and reporting transfer advice to state and local government office on a timely basis
- Preparing agent statements reconciliations for the majority of beneficiaries to ensure receivers invoices are properly recorded and accounted for and then Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to beneficiary data and payment
- Demonstrate and ensure programme implementation demonstrates high levels of commitment to Save the Children and our vision, mission, and values in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
- Providing back up for the rest of the LGA team as well as the Cash transfer coordinator when necessary.
- Ensure effective utilization and safety of registration and payment devices
- Follow up with beneficiaries who did not turn up for their money for at least 2 months and beneficiaries who have their money collected by proxy for over 3 months.
- Organize and facilitate beneficiaries training on a payment mechanism
- Ensure of beneficiaries registration is done
Additional job responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Experience And Skills
Skills And Experience:
- A degree in Statistics or Data Management.
- Highly numerically articulate with a record of accomplishment of data manipulation and use of spreadsheets and reporting systems.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others.
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, Hausa, and any local languages.
- Proven ability to manage large, multi-region data collection and analysis systems.
- Prior experience in overseeing contractual compliance.
- Demonstrated creativity in problem-solving involving multiple stakeholders.
You may also like this; What To Do When You Get Laid Off
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Method of Applying for Payment Assistant at Save the Children
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Indigenes of Yobe State are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
Application Deadline 13th July, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.