Save the Children
Save the Children Recruits Cash Transfer Payment Technical Assistant – CDGP.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfill their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Ref No: 200003IK
Location: Abuja with travel to the field states
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Nigeria Country Office Seconded to Ministry for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development
Post Type: National
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The purpose of this role is to provide strategic and technical support for the implementation of cash transfer initiatives, ensuring that cash transfer payments meet global best practices. In addition, the TA shall carry out the following specific responsibilities including engaging in cash transfer system strengthening, improvement and reform, on behalf of the Hon.
- Minister for Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development. Cash Transfer Payment Technical Assistant shall work closely with other team members in the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development (MHDS).
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Senior Social Protection Specialist
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability
- Provide strategic and technical support for implementation of Government cash transfer initiatives, ensuring that the cash transfer payments meet global best practices on behalf of the Minister of the Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.
- Liaise closely with relevant government authorities, development partners/donors and CSOs engaged in cash-based activities, keeping them fully informed of the status of MHDS activities in this regard. Participate in national-level dialogue with donors and other stakeholders on cash and vouchers and safety net programmes in general.
- Support the design and adaptation of the Phased Government-to-Person (G2P) electronic payment platforms established;
- Support the understanding and facilitate the transition to digital payment system for Cash Transfers;
- Advice the Minister and support the understanding of the Cash Transfer monitoring plan and quality of technical activities, relevant information and direction to improve quality of electronic payment and achieve timelines;
- Facilitate the understanding of the minister on emerging technical issues regarding electronic payment for effective leadership and direction of the implementation;
- Support the design of an appropriate mechanism for cash transfers, ensuring that the ministry clearly understands the issues and are able to provide the leadership for cash transfer implementation adhere to the government’s policies and procedures and that effective, transparent accounting procedures are in place.
- Technical and coordination support provided for the development of social protection sector strategy and plans.
- Establish structures and mechanisms for overseeing the implementation of strategy and plans for Government cash transfer schemes
- Provide strategic support for Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the cash grants/schemes.
- Interface with the embedded SCI Cash Transfer Adviser in NASSP to facilitate the Minister’s understanding of the issues and enhanced capacity for informed decision;
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self and others accountable to deliver on responsibilities
- High level of accuracy in work and attention to detail
- Carries out responsibilities in a timely and pro-active way
- Cultivates an ambitious team mentality for the project
- Future-orientated thinks pro-actively about opportunities to improve programme management and quality
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, approachable and easy to talk to
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Actively looks to improve programme management systems and quality of delivery
- Looks for new opportunities to promote the project with other stakeholders
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree standard, preferable in a discipline such as social sciences, geography, anthropology or other disciplines relevant to urban/rural livelihoods.
- Substantial experience of relief or development/extension work with rural communities.
- Knowledge of Household Economy Approach to food security and livelihoods assessment.
- Skills related to participatory research methods, computer literacy, and numerical skills.
- Understanding of the non-partisan status of an international NGO.
- Good communication, presentation, training, and report writing skills.
- Ability to take a proactive approach in community capacity building, either directly or through the facilitation of suitable support.
- Experience in leading a team in fieldwork with communities.
- Willing to work in isolated rural areas with basic living conditions, and work in difficult field conditions.
- Knowledge of Hausa language.
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing cash transfer and food security programmes.
- Knowledge and experience of project development, monitoring, and evaluation, preferably in the area of cash transfers and / or food security.
- Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation, and assessment to promote evidence-based learning
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- Professional qualification at postgraduate level or equivalent in economics or related discipline
- Experience working with social protection or cash transfer programmes
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th August, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.