OPEC Fund for International Development
SAP Application Specialist, Corporate Services Department at OPEC Fund for International Development. See the requirements before applying for this job.
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
Job Title: SAP Application Specialist, Corporate Services Department
- The SAP Application Specialist provides the highest level of professional expertise in relation to ERP system hardware, software, solution architecture, facilities, and project management. S / he maintains the operations of the assigned IT work program / s in an effective and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides strategic business analyses services to business partners, working closely with the business units to gain an in-depth understanding of business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates
- Comments on current corporate as well as IT business/applications systems and identifies more effective tactics for the consideration of Senior Management.
- Plans, designs, develops and launches efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements
- Responsible for project management, including communication, organization, leadership, negotiation, team management, time management, risk management, problem solving and budgeting management
- Develops and implements ERP strategy and plans for upgrades in alignment with ERP offerings
- Coordinates with outsourced vendors for new add-ons and modifications to OPEC Fund ERP systems
- Responsible for coordinating IT Infrastructure and Operational systems for performance of systems, integration, disaster recovery and cyber security for ERP systems
- Responsible for developing practical information from computing assessments, carrying out cost / benefit analysis and making recommendations
- Provides input for preparation of activities of the groups (i.e. systems administration, system analysis, programming, database administration, users support, back-up and disaster recovery), and implements as needed
- Performs the IT work operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of automated systems.
- Performs regular IT tasks in all areas as needed, such as systems administration, system analysis, programming, database administration, users support, back-up, and disaster recovery.
- Develops and maintains computer programs, ensures data flow and is responsible for security measures to protect the confidentiality
- Maintain technical documentation, including design document HLD and LLD, deployment document, knowledge database and prepares the testing document.
- Assists the Director, IT to put in place the right governance strategies and roadmaps, processes, policies, and guidelines to improve IT management and control
- Develops training materials and user documentation and trains staff in information/data systems; operates the Help Desk function.
- Keeps abreast of the constantly changing technology landscape and recommends new solutions to match the strategic objectives of the supported business area
- Undertakes feasibility studies for potential major changes in technical direction
- Coordinates major cross-departmental activities for IT Management
- Engages with authorized IT consultants hired by the OPEC Fund on the subject of consultancy projects and problem solution, on an on-going basis
- Carries out other tasks / duties assigned by the supervisor that are related to the job function
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant fields
- Relevant ERP certification or other IT-relevant certification, including SAP-related certification and experience, is required
- A Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience in an international development institution.
- Familiarity with up-to-date computer software packages, including ERP, Open Text, Microsoft, SWIFT, Bloomberg, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with Enterprise Architecture
- Demonstrable experience with innovation projects, acquaintance with innovation tools & methods
- Demonstrable project management skills
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of German language is an added advantage
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.opecfund.org.