ATTENTION!!! FOLLOWS US ON GOOGLE NEWS and be the first to know about high paying job vacancies so you can apply IMMEDIATELY. Click here to JOIN GOOGLE NEWS.
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc is recruiting for Head, Regulatory Affairs and Government Regulations.
About the Company
Job Title: Head, Regulatory Affairs and Government Regulations
Company: Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
To put in place measures geared at ensuring full compliance of IBEDC’s business operations / activities with all stipulated regulatory standards for the industry.
Promote and facilitate strong and ethical relationships with relevant Government agencies.
- Develop policies, strategies and plans (IBEDC regulatory agenda & framework, Government relations strategy, etc.) for the Function to ensure full regulatory compliance on IBEDC’s part .
- Provide advisory services on regulatory related matters – filings, responses, applications, etc.
- Champion regulatory related policy advocacy across IBEDC.
- Monitor and conduct constant surveillance of all IBEDC activities across the HQ and BUs to ensure compliance.
- Liaise constantly with relevant Functions, BUs across IBEDC on regulatory related matters.
- Offer regulatory analysis, intelligence and support within IBEDC by proactively disseminating information on regulatory developments.
- Endorse all reports; applications; materials; etc. to be sent by the Function to external parties (NERC, etc.) and circulates reports, applications, materials, etc. to relevant parties (internal and external).
- Work closely with relevant internal officers to ensure Market Operator bills are settled and as at when due.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with relevant Government agencies.
- Identify key stakeholders and carries out regular engagement sessions based on communications plan (active engagement with IBEDC key stakeholders on all legislative and regulatory issues to ensure that company interests are protected and enhanced).
- Specialization LLB (Bachelor of laws) is required
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Required Experience 15+
- Ability to deliver policy consultation responses including developing a policy position, producing full responses to policy consultations, briefs on policy issues for senior management and working with colleagues across business units to develop an agreed position
- Quick mind and the ability to assess and understand the impact of regulation on the business
- Ability to work independently and effectively with light touch oversight
- A well organised, structured and methodical approach to tasks and projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in Power Industry regulatory affairs and building relationship with the Regulatory authorities/bodies, such as NERC
- Strong legal and/or analytical skills
- Ability to assess the impact of regulation on the business and translate the impact analysis into advice for the Management (including gathering of relevant business data etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should APPLY HERE
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibedc.com.