Zola Electric Nigeria
Quality Assurance Engineer Job at Zola Electric Nigeria. Please go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Zola Electric Nigeria combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Zola Electric Nigeria’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
- This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills to help ZOLA Electric change the renewable energy landscape.
- You need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid areas and emerging markets with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it.
- You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash human potential and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
- Manage and report on key performance indicators for the QA process
- Identify and analyze joint software PM/QA tools to improve productivity and quality
- Observe workflows, procedures, systems, and controls for effective QA testing pipeline
- Review feature specs and recommend tactics to improve testability
- Follow bug reporting process in use by the overall organization
- Achieve benchmarks for timely processing of reported bugs based on the level of severity
- Utilize QA testing and ticketing tools
- Participate in iterative improvements to the QA process to achieve faster and higher fidelity output
- The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for planning and implementing Quality Assurance (QA) testing procedures for our software tools, apps and platforms.
- To run exploratory and automated testing procedures for Zola’s range of software applications, from enterprise Web applications to consumer quality Android/iOS mobile and tablet apps, to custom software that connects solar systems to the data warehouse.
- To work with other QA testers (including QA services) to estimate, plan, and implement complementary testing activities.
- To ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our bug tracking system.
- Amongst others, the role consists of:
- Participate in project planning meetings to help define ongoing software quality objectives
- Embed a project QA testing process alongside
- Participate in team retrospectives to identify root causes of issues
- Create test plans for project features to systemize quality control
- Run exploratory testing procedures on software to uncover bugs and unanticipated usability issues
- Test integrations of interconnected applications to ensure data integrity and expected output
- Implement automated testing of UI workflows
- Document investigation process steps to replicate and recommended resolution (where applicable) to allow engineers to take speedy action
- Triage issues in an established ticketing workflow, expending resources where most impactful relative to plan
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and project managers across multiple teams
- Ability to conduct testing activities and recommend process improvement opportunities for multiple concurrent projects
- Interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality products
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
- 2+ years of successful software QA management experience
- Software QA Automation and black box testing experience
- Working knowledge of QA in Agile methodologies
- Experience testing web and mobile products
- Familiarity with integrated hardware/software product testing
- Experience working with distributed (virtual) teams
- Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Highly effective communicator and problem solver
- Willingness to learn and implement new processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong talent development and leadership skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.