Website Egbin Power Plc
Job Title: Project Officer
Company: Egbin Power Plc
Location: Ijede, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Egbin Power Plc. a subsidiary of the Sahara Power Group housed along the Lagos Lagoon, is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Presently, the largest privately owned generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa with an Installed Capacity of 1320 MW. Egbin Power Plant was built to meet the ever rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs with plans to expand its generation capacity to exceed 5,000MW within the next five years.
- To accomplish the primary goal of providing administrative and technical skills to support a project to successful completion.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the project manager
- When required, set up team meetings, record meeting minutes and allocate actions
- Support the monitoring, evaluation, impact and learning lead to monitor progress on projects
- You may also be required to undertake other assignments from time to time, depending on the needs of the project.
- Maintain relevant project data in various systems pertaining to capacity, new opportunities and general project records
- Oversee the upkeep of project documents to ensure they are fit for use
- Assist with creation of Project Initiation Documents (PID) for new projects
- Assist with the collation of capacity data on a monthly basis, and communicate analysis of this to the Project Manager
- Ensure that new opportunities meetings are conducted smoothly – from developing clear agendas, to recording and publishing minutes allocating actions and maintaining the New Opportunities list
- Update the team’s project financial reports
- Coordinate the team’s input to project forecasting (revenue and costs)
- Process and raise PO numbers for invoices
- Assist with time management and expenses against projects
- Act as the link between the Project Management team and all stakeholders when required.
- Be aware of, and take personal responsibility for, any health and safety issues and obligations
- Uphold all aspects of the policies, procedures and legal requirements in relation to personal conduct.
- Prepare for and engage in one-to-one meetings and performance management appraisals
- Maintain personal professional development and personal development plans
- Be willing and committed to take on new work as and when required and to be proactive.
Education and Work Experience:
- University Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of Post NYSC work experience in a project-related environment.
- Project Management Professional Certification will be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Thorough familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and project scheduling computer applications
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skill
- Proven relationship-building skills with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with all levels of management
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple concurrent projects
- Proven ability to work independently, as part of a team and with initiatives to meet tight deadlines
- Good planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and quick to learn
- Strong level of integrity with a sound work ethic.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Please use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sahara-group.com.