Job Title: Customer Support Representative
Are you fluent in both English and French?
- We have a different Customer Support Rep role open specifically for team members who’re fluent in both English and French! If you speak both languages, please DO NOT apply on this page. Instead, kindly apply Here.
- If you don’t speak French, please continue and apply on this page.
About the Customer Support Representative Role
- As a Customer Service Representative at Paystack, you’ll be a member of the Growth team, which means that you’ll be part of a team that strives to empower thousands of business owners in Africa with both the knowledge and the courage they need to bring their ideas to life. If that feeling were a sound, it would sound like this.
- We’re looking for articulate recent graduates who’re curious, empathetic, and kind, and who’re looking to launch their career at a fast-growing tech startup that cares deeply about personal and professional development. You’ll work side by side with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- Our team is small but highly accomplished, so your voice will be heard and your ideas will make meaningful contributions to the business.
- Paystack is one of the largest payments companies in Nigeria (with plans to expand across Africa), so as a member of the team, you’ll engage with literally thousands of businesses, learning a lot about different business models and industries, and about how money moves within Nigeria and across the continent.
- This is a full-time role based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
What will you be doing?
- Solve problems for Paystack merchants and our merchants’ customers via email, phone, live chat, social media, and in person
- Process routine merchant requests such as business activation requests
- Work with assigned Product Teams to deeply understand and improve some aspect of Paystack’s suite of products
- Update the self-serve Help Desk knowledge base so that merchant’s can get answers quickly
- Escalate transaction issues to and liaise with external partners such as banks for resolution
- Support Key Account Managers to meet the needs of our largest merchants
- Highlight ideas on how to improve the product and better serve businesses and their customers
- Represent Paystack at self-hosted and external events
What does it take to succeed in this role?
- Are an excellent writer and speaker of English, able to take complex ideas and explain them in plain, compelling language
- Have an endless capacity for patience and calm, even when everyone around you is freaking out
- Embody the principle of servant leadership: you have genuine empathy for business owners, and you’re happy to go the extra mile to help them succeed
- Appreciate the importance of following up: either with members of the Paystack team on behalf of customers, or following up with customers to assure them that their issue is being worked on
- Are interested in learning all you can about how to provide world-class customer support
- Love to do the work to solve complex issues when the answers are not readily available
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Use the link(s) below to apply on the company website.
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- To apply, click the “Apply for this job” button
- Complete all the required questions
- After you submit this application form, you’ll receive an email with a link to an online aptitude test.
- Please complete the aptitude test as soon as possible. Your application will not be considered complete until the aptitude test is submitted.
- Questions? Please send an email to [email protected], addressed to Emmanuel Quartey.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org