Emergency Response Africa (ERA)
Paramedic Recruitment at Emergency Response Africa (ERA). See the full job requirements before sending your application.
Emergency Response Africa (ERA) is a health tech company on a mission to change how emergency medical care is delivered in Africa. We leverage the power of technology and community to get victims the care they need in as little as 3 minutes and ensure they arrive at the right hospital for their emergency.
We are looking to hire highly qualified personnel who are skilled and passionate about providing safe, fast, and affordable emergency response to fill the position below:
Job Title: Paramedic
Location: Lagos-Mainland, Lagos
Type of Work: Full Time
- We are looking for trained paramedics to be part of our team of professional emergency responders attending primarily to out-of-hospital medical emergencies. We are interested in a committed, self-motivated, focused and compassionate person to fill this gap.
- Work closely with the dispatcher to determine the best way to respond to calls based on the company’s priority system
- Respond to emergency calls, assess patient condition and make critical care decisions quickly
- Evaluate the patient’s condition on the scene and perform a preliminary diagnosis
- Adhere to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards
- Keep abreast with new treatment and medical procedures through continuous training
- Handle non-medical situations such as crowd control and protecting the valuables of a patient if necessary
- Collect pertinent patient care data and transfer that data to a medical professional based on state guidelines.
- Stabilize patients or provide immediate treatment of injuries or sudden illnesses by applying a variety of pre-hospital simple and advanced treatments (first aid, CPR, administering oxygen etc.)
- Use tech equipment and tools to communicate with dispatcher, emergency victims and hospitals and facilitate transportation to hospital if needed
- Monitor patient’s condition en route to the hospital
- Collaborate with interested parties (police, firefighting unit, doctors etc.)
- Write/fill in clearly and submit concrete and accurate reports on all incidents and patients calls.
- Proven experience as a paramedic
- First Aid / CPR Certification
- Valid Drivers License (For Motorcycle and Keke or Vehicle)
- Certified First aid/CPR Instructor desirable but not required
- HND in Emergency Medical Technology (Paramedics) or its equivalent
- Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology and medications
- Excellent working knowledge of medical equipment and devices
- Integrity and compassion towards human pain.
- Ability to stay calm and make the right decisions in adverse conditions
- Adaptable with a great deal of stamina
- Three or more years of paramedic experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
15th December, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit emergencyresponseafrica.freshteam.com.