Emergency Response Africa (ERA)
Emergency Medical Dispatcher Recruitment at Emergency Response Africa (ERA). See the full job requirements before sending your application.
Emergency Response Africa (ERA) is a health tech company on a mission to change how emergency medical care is delivered in Africa. We leverage the power of technology and community to get victims the care they need in as little as 3 minutes and ensure they arrive at the right hospital for their emergency.
We are looking to hire highly qualified personnel who are skilled and passionate about providing safe, fast and affordable emergency response to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Medical Dispatcher
Location: Lagos-Mainland, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- Are you an experienced nurse looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your career? If you are a highly competent, dedicated and compassionate person who can work under pressure, we have the perfect job for you! We are looking for a qualified nurse to receive emergency calls and supervise our emergency response command center operations in Lagos. This position will evolve into a more supervisory role for the right candidate as operations grow.
- Serve as emergency dispatcher
- Receive all in-coming calls and assign case priority
- Provide phone first aid, referrals, and guidance to non-emergency callers
- Evaluate paramedics performance
- Provide psychological and emotional support to patients and their family and friends
- Provide clinical expertise in the management of medical emergencies
- Handle complaints or other issues
- Maintain a running inventory of medical supplies on the response vehicle and makes purchases when necessary.
- Utilize ERA technology platform to dispatch first responders
- Support first responders during active response
- Maintain quality assurance of documentation and client records
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Nursing Supervisor and / or emergency call taker/dispatcher for (3) year(s)
- BSc or diploma in Nursing
- Any additional certification in healthcare administration will be considered an advantage
- CPR and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Outstanding patient management skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Great organizational and time management
- Problem solver with a positive attitude
- Thorough knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification, or ability to obtain such within 6 months of hire
- Valid nursing license
- In-depth knowledge of hospital procedures
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th December, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit emergencyresponseafrica.freshteam.com.