Job Title: Packaging Engineer
Company: Anheuser-Busch InBev
Location: River, Nigera
International Breweries is a subsidiary of the world’s largest brewer, AB InBev.
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Duties and responsibilities Amongst other duties, the Packaging engineer will;
- Manage Occupational Health, Safety, Risk And Environment
- Optimize Plant And Equipment Availability
- Optimize Process Performance of Packaging Line efficiency
- Manage Planned Maintenance System Integrity And Optimal Usage
- Facilitate Problem Solving And Decision Making
- Manage and develop maintenance team
- Drive continuous improvement Principles And Practices, and Lead the Change Process
- Manage Maintenance Budget process and Cost Control
- Manage internal Capex projects and overhaul.
- Maintain system integrity and change control
- Maintain and calibrate packaging mechanical plant and equipment including instrumentation integrity
- Develop and update engineering maintenance standards according to ABI Standard
- Minimum-Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical /Electrical & Electronics/Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 5-6 years’ experience in Packaging line operations management or related field at a senior line management position in a brewery or FMCG with a minimum of 2 years in a management role
- Understanding of process control within a packaging process environment
- Good understanding of the principles and practices of Manufacturing Excellence
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g COREN will be an added advantage.
Key competencies and attributes;
- Prior experience in senior management position, within the FMCG environment
- Knowledge of Manufacturing way strategies and initiatives
- Familiarity with maintenance systems ( e.g. COSWIN/ SAP )
- Good understanding of packaging production processes and technologies
- Proven leadership skills
- Good Team Player
- Analytical problem solver
- Influencing ability with regards to sound maintenance practices
- Good knowledge of maintenance process and strategies as applicable to packaging bottling lines
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.