International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Nutrition Office Assistant Job International Rescue Committee (IRC).
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
Job Title: Nutrition Office Assistant
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
BACKGROUND: the international rescue committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies,
Provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster,
Oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of right, IRC assist people from harm to home.
IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. Since then, the IRC has expanded its scope and size of the programs as new areas became accessible after prolonged conflict and insecurity, in Adamawa and Borno States. The IRC’s response to the humanitarian situation includes integrated health and nutrition services, as well as reproductive health care and women protection services. For its Maiduguri office, the IRC is seeking an Office Assistant to support the health programs.
Scope of work:
The Office Assistant will provide administrative assistant to the nutrition team to ensure the smooth running of its programs. S/he reports to the Nutrition Coordinator and also works closely with the Operational departments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish an office data management tool for HERON capturing the administrative tasks for monitoring of expenditures, procurements as well as recruitments.
- Prepare procurement and spending plans together with the nutrition managers.
- Raise purchase requests, payment requests, and recruitment requests as directed by the nutrition managers and coordinator.
- Follow up on PR’s raised with the Supply Chain department throughout the procurement process.
- Follow up on recruitment requests raised with the Human Resources department throughout the recruitment process.
- Assist in preparation of training/workshops as directed by the nutrition managers.
- Provide weekly tracking reports on all administrative tasks performed to the nutrition coordinator and nutrition managers.
- Assist in ant other tasks as requested from the line manager, which remains within the Office Assistant’s capacity.
- Ensure procurement and spending plans are adhered to and update as needed.
- Prepare weekly tracking reports in procurement and recruitment processes.
- Provide recommendations and interventions to correct any identified deviations that impact budget adherence.
- Prepare inputs for and participates in the monthly budget versus actual meetings.
- Dashboard cleaning and follow up of internal and external commitments with finance and supply chain
- Ensure and follow up all procurement and supplies in the warehouse and conduct stock monitoring on a weekly basis
- Degree in business administration/finance
- A mature person of high professional discipline and moral integrity, able to work under stress as the situation may dictate.
- Minimum of one year experience in business administration, finance and supply chain
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Word and Excel.
- Works accurately and time-consciously.
Standards of Professional Conduct The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.