Website One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund – Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Logistics and Procurement Coordinator
Location: Minna, Niger
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Full-time job
- The Logistics Supervisor oversees all procurement and logistics support for the pilot program in Minna, Nigeria. This role, reporting to the Systems Associate, oversees transportation, warehousing and last-mile distribution of the products we sell to farmers while trying out new approaches to ensure the pilot grows to +10,000 farmers in the coming years.
- End-to-end vendor screening, selection, procurement and relationship management, ensuring that all One Acre Fund procurement guidelines are followed.
- Support forecasting and procurement of +300MT in products for the 2020 season.
- Manage and track all inventory on SAP and internal data-management systems
- Plan and prepare warehouse layouts to ensure effective security and efficient storage
- Coordinate the delivery to and receipt of inputs at the warehouse
- Manage & train the Warehouse Coordinator on One Acre Fund logistics policies and oversee hiring and coordination of warehouse casuals.
- Conduct monthly warehouse inventory audits
- Assess delivery sites in our farmers’ communities and schedule deliver across 20+ rural locations.
- Maintain year-round inventory and delivery of products to support sales through local markets
- Recommend changes and improvements to current pilot systems
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Commitment to the One Acre Fund mission of alleviating food insecurity in Nigeria
- Willingness to seek out problems and solve them collaboratively
- University degree in either Supply Chain, Procurement or Logistics and 2 years of work experience OR 6+ years proven work experience managing supply chain, procurement or logistics of a company
- Experience in supervisor role, managing small teams
- Proficiency in Google Suite, to include MS Excel (basic inventory management;) experience with SAP or similar software preferred
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Hausa preferred.
Sponsor International Candidates:
- No; Must have existing rights to work in Nigeria. Nigeria country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Compensation: In line with experience
- Benefits: NHIS Health insurance, 20 days paid leave, 7 days sick leave.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Please note: One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com