Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medical Activity Manager Recruitment at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF).
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Is a private, international association. The association is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
Job Title: Medical Activity Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Permanent position (Subject to the probationary period)
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Provides full support for all aspects of the SGBV project of MSF in Port Harcourt, Nigeria, and actively promotes the project mission amongst all clinic staff Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Collaborates with PC, MHAM, Nurse counselors, supervisor and others to define strategic priorities for the clinic staff and the SGBV program.
- Coordinate, assess and supervise the proper functioning of the activities in the clinic (medical, counselling, psychological, social…), according to MSF protocols and procedures.
- Ensure good communication and collaboration with the other PHC SGBV project members (admin, logistic) and other partners (NGO, social welfare …) working on patient support
- Checks that all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (patient file, medical certificate, registers, follow-up card, discharge, referral letters …) are correctly carried out according to MSF procedures.
- Validate data into the MSF defined database, correct and analyse all the data related to the activities from the clinics. Generate any daily, weekly or monthly reports as required.
- Coordinate and monitor the daily working plan of the team under her/his responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves, etc. Prepares monthly work schedules for all staff.
- Conduct and manage daily case reviews with staff and weekly general team meeting.
- Ensures that the team follows confidentiality format all times especially with authorities and when referring a patient to other actors. Regularly check on patient files and archives systematically.
- Ensure that Medical Certificates are correctly drafted by the MD and given to the patient following MSF legal frame.
- Support the pharmacy storekeeper to manage MSF field pharmacy and medical equipment in an efficient way.
- Perform the international order in collaboration with the country pharmacist.
- Participate in medical meetings and collegial cases reviews as needed.
- Collaborate with Mental Health Activity Manager and ensure activities are according to planned strategies and support in place.
- Follows up admitted survivors liaises with the hospital management to determine that quality care is provided.
- Assess expat/national staff health on the field, informing the Medco about eventual acute medical problems, accidents etc.
- Supports the social worker in his/her daily tasks.
- In collaboration with the Medical Coordinator and MoH partners, defines, implements and monitors medical activities, according to MSF project plans, standards and protocols.
- Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (defining medical operational priorities when needed) and the development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors. Ensures regular contact with MoH and other local medical actors.
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the PC and the Admin, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the medical staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staff capabilities.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Medical Doctor. Desirable specialization or training in Tropical Medicine or related studies
- Experience: Essential 2 year working experience related to the diploma/degree and previous experience in MSF in the field
- Languages: Essential mission language; English local language desirable
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Competencies: Strategic Vision, Leadership, People Management and Development, Service Orientation, and Teamwork and Cooperation.
Gross Salary Per Month
- N572,302 (Five hundred and seventy two thousand three hundred and two Naira)
5th June, 2020.
Method of Application
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- NON-compliant or Late applications will not be considered.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse to hire of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com