Confederation of African Football (CAF)
IT Support Manager at the Confederation of African Football (CAF). Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Manager
Location: Ivory Coast
- Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit anIT Support Manager.
- CAF is looking for an IT Support Manager, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team. Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
- This role is a temporary contract, and the role will be based in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Participate in projects to deliver Technology services at the tournament, covering project management, service delivery and operational management.
- Manage and coordinate internal resources and 3rd party suppliers to ensure expected service delivery and project deliverables are met.
- Oversee the effective and efficient provision of Technology services for the tournament, including requirement capturing and developing delivery plans.
- Work closely with different client groups to understand the business needs.
- Develop a thorough understanding of relevant business processes in order to translate business requirements into corresponding Technology Services.
- Contribute to the development, enforcement, and maintenance of relevant policies, standards, procedures, measures for Event Technology.
- Responsible for planning and managing the Technology operations for the tournament.
- Plan and manage the mobilisation of Technology staff and Technology contractors for them to perform their duties, including travel, accommodation, meals, accreditation, uniforms, etc
- Responsible for coordinating the forecast, allocation, distribution, and recovery of CAF Technology assets in all venues of the tournament.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT network and infrastructure delivery or Technology program/project management, preferably in sports event management.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High sense of accountability, trustworthiness, and ethics.
- Fluent in English and/or French Language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a Plus.
- Proven record of successful deliveries of various complexities within Global and Multi-cultural organizations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English or French to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 15th October, 2022.
- Only qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration