Project Assistant, Accountability at Catholic Relief Services (CRS). Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS has been supporting program activities in Nigeria for over 30 years and has long-standing relationships with Church and non-Church partners and communities throughout the country. The Nigeria country program has a diverse funding base with projects in health, nutrition, food security and agricultural livelihoods, microfinance (SILC), emergency response and peacebuilding. CRS/Nigeria currently has over 210 national and 8 international staff. With an FY22 annual budget of over USD $100 million, coupled with strong donor interest in supporting CRS’ work in the country, significant growth opportunities exist for the CP. The CP has been supporting emergency activities in the NE states since 2015 with offices in Damaturu, Maiduguri and Yola.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant Accountability
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Accountability Assistant will work with the Feedback Assistant, the Accountability Officer, project teams and community mobilizers to ensure strong Feedback and Response Mechanisms (FRM) are maintained and strengthened for Ceton Rayuka II Program. Ceton Ryauka is a multisectoral program implemented in Gubio, Kaga and Magumeri LGAs.
- S/he will be responsible for managing and monitoring beneficiary feedback on a daily basis and will prepare analysis reports presenting general trends to be shared with project teams.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Assign a categorize to the feedbacks received from the hotline and through community-based mechanism (staff, community meetings, suggestion boxes, etc…)
- Assign a ticket number to each feedback and enter feedbacks in the database
- Regularly transmit feedbacks to the adequate teams
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports presenting the learnings from the feedback received, per project
- Participate in teams’ meeting to share the trends and learning from the feedbacks
- Follow up regularly with the teams on the advancement of feedback responses
- Regularly update the database by adding the response implemented and close feedbacks when an adequate response has been given
- Ensure all feedback collected from beneficiaries are kept confidential and timely/accurate response is given back to them
- Support CRS and partner to document and respond to all community feedback received
- Support the MEAL-Accountability Officer to facilitate orientation, training and awareness sessions on beneficiary feedback mechanism to CRS and partner staffs as required.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Feedback Officer, Feedback Assistant, MEAL Officer, Program Managers
- External : Community members, partner staff.
- Secondary School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in project support.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- English and Hausa required. Kanuri is strongly preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.