- Full Time
- International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) profile
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
IITA seek suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: Field Worker III
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- Carryout data collection activities and trial maintenance of the cocoasoils core trials at IITA-Ibadan;
- Arrange for supervision of maintenance activities in the cocoasoils core trial at IITA Ibadan.
- Contribute to monthly reports on the trial status and report damages of equipment to the trial manager;
- Report any damages (other than those caused by pests and diseases) to the cocoa trees to the trial manager and conduct visitors to the trial;
- Coordinate the irrigation of the Cocoa soils core trial at IITA Ibadan;
- Control cocoa and plantain for pest and disease infestation and arrange for pest and disease control measures;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’level with a minimum of four (4) years’ related experience performing a related role in an international organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Ability to use the basic MS software: Word, Excel PowerPoint for reporting, and creating data collection forms.
- Have the ability to know the bar code labeling concept and the procedure of allocating and reading bar codes.
- Have the ability to detect and identify major cocoa pests and diseases. Ability to rapidly respond to threats.
- Have the ability to use ODK forms and procedures to collect and upload data.
You may also like this; How To Sell Yourself In An Interview
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
All Interested applicant should forward their Applications include Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
13th July, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.