International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
STEP Training Officer Recruitment at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA).
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Job Title: STEP Training Officer
Ref. No: IITA-HR-NRS2020-015
Recruitment Type: National (2-years renewable contract)
- Develop Selection Criteria for Schools, Students and Volunteers and participate in the selection process
- Research, develop, Update (Revise) Curriculums and other training materials for the three approaches, which includes the establishment of club, coursework and pilot enterprises
- Plan and Organize training facilitation in collaboration with the state Administrators which includes logistics, training of trainers, school teachers, volunteers and all processes that involve smooth running of training programs
- Monitor all training programs to ensure all training programs offer full delivery of the program’s goal and objectives. Assist the M and E officer in carrying out routine Monitoring and Evaluation procedures especially on training feedbacks
- Document training activities through the timely submission of training reports, training databases updates etc.
- Follow-up and mentorship security for students with Start-up enterprises
- Secure and sustain partnerships with donors, government agencies, schools, CSR teams and other partners aligning with STEP, etc
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Agriculture, Agribusiness or related discipline with minimum of three (3) years’ related experience performing the related role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of computer-based control systems, shared network drives, and maintaining database of trainers and training activities.
- Have excellent communication and supervisory skills
- Have demonstrated the ability to provide ongoing mentorship in entrepreneurship to young students and provide support to entrepreneurship program in the different agricultural value chains for the project
- Have experience in organizing and coordinating training programs and activities
- Have experience in supporting training in vocational agriculture and liaising with numerous secondary schools to demonstrate and promote Agribusiness opportunities for youth
- Have experience in curriculum development including defining specific knowledge and practical skill sets
- Have been previously involved in the training of trainers in Agriculture or related field
- Exhibit good network and partnership skills with local training sites and training providers as well as coordinate their efforts.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
29th June 2020.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.