Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services to selected clients. These firms are members of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL), a UK private company limited by guarantee.
Job Title: Head, Risk Management
Job Type: Full Time
- The Head, Risk Management shall have the primary responsibility of developing and ensuring effective and efficient implementation of the company’s risk management framework, including review of the framework and obtaining all the necessary approvals
- He/she will be responsible for assessing, rating, recommending, monitoring and reporting on the operational, financial, strategic and compliance risks that the company faces in delivery of its mandate
- He/she will also be responsible for the assessment and monitoring of the credit risk of the company’s counterparties, including partner financial institutions, issuers of investment instruments etc.
You may also like this; How to sell yourself in an Interview
- Establish and run the risk management function in a hands-on fashion initially, before building a team in line with the company’s growth;
- Develop the framework, policy and operating guidelines for the company’s risk management function;
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the company and developing risk management systems, including operating and financial models;
- Create and improve tools for identifying, measuring, monitoring, controlling and reporting risks for the company;
- Heading the Risk Committee;
- In the setting-up risk management environment, the CRO will play an important role in development of the company’s strategy through identification of the loss/risk drivers inherent in each strategy;
- Establish and help manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers of the company;
- Continuously developing, enhancing and embedding the risk framework for managing risks across the institution, ensuring that processes are fit for purpose;
- Working closely with the CEO, CFO, relevant board members and committees, senior managers across the company in moulding a well-controlled, high achieving organization which can fulfil its mandate safely;
- Perform research to identify the risks facing the company, their severity and determine the probability of occurrence;
- Develop strategies to measure identified risks appropriately, and articulate a coherent risk appetite for the company;
- Design operational policies and procedures to mitigate the risks;
- Implement and assign responsibilities for risk management;
- Risk monitoring and risk reporting to different stakeholders;
- Establishing and maintaining risk governance systems and structures at management level, in accordance with the overall risk management framework approved by the Board;
- Lead the company’s efforts in pursuing risk re-guarantees and co-guarantees, where such are considered;
- Embedding a positive culture of confident and informed risk-taking through training, communication and promotion of the agreed risk framework;
- As a member of senior management and the executive committee, provide essential input on the company’s enterprise risk management to the board risk committee, the CEO and senior management of the company;
- Liaising with internal and external auditors in assessing and providing independent assurance of the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the company’s overall risk management framework, policy and implementation plan;
- Partnering effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate, and serving as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
- Regularly participate in management meetings, and carry out any other duties as may be required.
- Budgeting responsibilities – discretionary control over risk department budgets up to a level approved by the CEO.
- A Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration plus professional Accounting qualifications such as CPA or ACCA;
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration and/or Finance / Accounting will be an added advantage;
- Significant experience in financial services particularly in the areas of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice
- A background in banking, insurance or trade finance is essential;
- Experience with credit risk guarantees/insurance and exposure to development issues;
- Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements;
- Knowledge in regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.