Head, IT Program & Portfolio Management Job at 9mobile Nigeria. Please go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS to provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services, and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, IT Program & Portfolio Management
Job Code: IRC3799
- Responsible for the on-time, cost-effective, and right-quality delivery of business value through programs. Structure and manage the portfolio of change ensuring that it is balanced, healthy, value-focused and consistently steered to deliver the intended business impact.
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders within the delivery domain to ensure that desired business benefits are well articulated and that the portfolio deliverables are unambiguously mapped to such benefits.
- Ensure the business impact of projects is measurable, well-managed, monitored and constantly refined to ensure that investments are optimally targeted and strategic intentions achieved.
- Promote a culture of execution excellence, risk-consciousness, and a relentless focus on ROI/business value.
- Manage delivery teams by maintaining oversight of the overall program execution, enforcing adherence to standards, acceptable risk judgment, and a business value-driven approach to the deployment of resources across the portfolio.
- Collaborate with IT strategy team and other demand management roles to ensure that program objectives, deliverables and timing are focused on business objectives based on impact & priority;
- Enhance the overall economic value of the portfolio in order to get the optimal return on investment.
- Support executive decision making on programs and projects based on company-specific criteria. These criteria may include: how does the initiative fit in the defined enterprise architecture, how do risks and interdependencies come into play, how does the organization deal with compliance initiatives, etc.
- Collaborate with required EMTS project sponsors/executives and teams for assessment of value delivered vis-a-vis project objectives. Implement a framework for quantifying benefits for each initiative in line with business case and measurement of time to value. Ensure clear communication of expected business value and the timing of project objectives by the project sponsor and clearly understood by project delivery organization.
Portfolio Prioritization, Selection & Delivery:
- Manage IT program pipeline by working with IT Management in selecting, prioritizing, and orchestrating programs to deliver benefits that ultimately contribute to business success
- Convert approved programs to detailed project deliverables and requirements, align same with program delivery organization objectives and prioritize based on business value, exigencies and risk
- Ensure that project delivery organizations are fit-for-purpose in terms of structure, ability to deliver to EMTS’ expectation, taking into account capacity, capabilities, and various dimensions of risk
- Influence & negotiate the allocation of resources from EMTS stakeholders to deliver program objectives and contribute to overall business success. Consistently ensure that the environment incentivize the project delivery teams to deliver value in a timely manner
- Plan and coordinate all IT Program Board meetings for effective tracking and review of project progress against agreed plans
- Work with IT Program board to resolve conflicting priorities and ensure that business value is foremost by focusing on decisions and actions on the things that matter most to the organization
- Ensure follow-through and closure of agreed actions and decisions taken by the IT Program Board
- Ensure all projects comply with required documentation and other standards, policies and procedures
- Prepare and publish periodic program portfolio health dashboard/project reports to relevant stakeholders and provide insights into potential issues & risks with appropriate recommendations
- Deploy exception management processes for failing or high risk projects
Stakeholder &Communication Management:
- Manage commitments across stakeholders and ensure clear understanding of requirements and consistent communication across all parties
- Influence both EMTS and vendor stakeholders and create positive relationships through the appropriate channels to manage expectations and agreed objectives. Engender and sustain cross-functional alignment
- Responsible for timely escalation of potential risks and issues and renegotiation of commitments between project sponsors and delivery teams
Management of Portfolio Risks:
- Evaluate portfolio performance and interdependencies periodically in a bid to determine and quantify the probability and impact of risks within projects and across the overall portfolio
- Advise Management/ stakeholders on matters of risk & issues that are projects related and recommend actions to mitigate such
- Manage Program Quality by collaborating with IT Risk Management & other QA teams in defining and documenting standards, processes and procedures to guide and assure the quality delivery of projects and programs.
Maintain Portfolio Knowledge Base:
- Ensure that the knowledge base for all project implementations, including lessons learned, are maintained and properly indexed/cataloged for audit and reference purposes
- Provide adequate feedback mechanisms on process improvement initiatives to ORM, which is an outcome of project oversight responsibility
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, IT Demand Management & Planning
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university preferred. Possession of an advanced degree, preferably an MBA, will be an advantage;
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- 9 to 12 years of combined work experience in IT/Engineering with up to 8 years in Portfolio Management or related activities (i.e. project/program management);
- At least 3 years experience in a managerial role.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project and/or equivalent tools;
- Experience with program/ multi-project management; governance and decision-making; business case development; budget and resource management; initiative portfolio management
- Recognized program management authority with good risk management awareness who can negotiate trade-offs and is dynamic, proactive, and decisive. Adapts well to and initiates change in the organization;
- Highly developed business communication skills (verbal and written), team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent project management skills and the ability to drive performance, risk consciousness, and compliance from all areas within the company;
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels when under pressure;
- Exceptional analytical, quick-learning, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in working through complex issues and providing alternative solutions.
- Ability to lead, influence and gain the confidence and respect of senior executives, functional leadership, BRMs, business sponsors, and team members;
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, outsourcing, program management, and the mobile telecommunications industry; possesses a broad-based operational perspective and provides solutions for all forms of business risk;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.9mobile.com.ng.