Johnson & Johnson
GPH Vx Access and Health Systems Lead Job at Johnson & Johnson. Please ensure you read through the job details before applying for this position.
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GPH Vx Access and Health Systems Lead
Requisition ID: 2105902773W
Location: Lagos-Island, Lagos
Category: Public Affairs
- Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
- Empowering families and communities to live healthy, productive lives and create healthier futures inspires Johnson & Johnson’s long-standing commitment to make life-changing and sustainable differences in global public health. We focus on improving maternal, newborn and child health, addressing global health challenges such as multi-drug resistant TB, HIV, vaccines (COVID 19 and Ebola), worm-based infections, and obstetric fistula and long bone fracture.
- We bring science and technology expertise, research and development capabilities, and our global resources to develop treatments and cures, deliver lifesaving prevention and care, and design smart policies that help pave the way for large-scale, long-term solutions. Together, with governments, non-governmental organizations, implementing groups, industry partners and non-profit foundations, we partner on innovative approaches to make a difference for people everywhere to build the foundations of lasting health.
- GPH is recruiting for a GPH Access and Health Systems Lead, which will lead efforts on advancing Immunization Access Strategies and Programs on the African Continent on behalf of Johnson & Johnson GPH. This role will be responsible for ensuring access to vaccines across critical countries on the Continent and working with a variety of stakeholders, including internal stakeholders (medical affairs, external affairs, program leads, government affairs, regulatory) and external stakeholders (country level key opinion leaders, government officials, multi-lateral organizations, regulatory bodies).
- The position will report into the GPH Vaccines organization Africa Implementation Lead, and will work in close concert within a triad in specific geographies on the African continent: the GPH Vaccines Programs Liaison and GPH Vaccines Medical Affairs Liaison.
- Work with the Regional / Country level Government Affairs and Policy Team and the Global Public Health Vaccine team to define and advance regional policy objectives/strategies and to set up partnerships to implement programs that create increased access to innovative vaccines across member countries in the Africa Union, including
- Assess regional / country policy gaps for immunization access in lower income markets and develop plan to address.
- Working with the Country-level GPH Vaccine Program Liaison, develop regional and local partnerships to implement broad-scale or targeted programs to address gaps in immunization in lower income markets, including behavioral and structural barriers to vaccine uptake.
- Support engagement of the Global Public Health team with regional vaccines policy-makers and partners to facilitate access & implementation in lower-income countries (GAVI/ WHO/BMGF)
- Serve as a subject matter expert to inform the GPH Vaccine team on a variety of vaccine implementation plans and policy topics, and enable collaboration with other regional colleagues to understand how these topics impact the life-cycle of vaccines from manufacturing to distribution to administration across lower-income markets.
SEE ALSO: Catilas Resources Limited Recruitment
- Degree in Science, Health Policy, Public Health, or other relevant areas of specialization required including a Post-Graduate Specialization (preferred)
- Domain Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of vaccine, immunization, public health systems and policies on the African continent and Market Access, HTA methodologies
- Deep knowledge of the African Continent and healthcare environment
- Knowledge of the multi-lateral vaccine relevant institutions is required
- Experience working on regional and local implementation of new vaccine programs is required
- Experience in key account management type role, helping to streamline processes and remove roadblocks, is required
- Demonstrated leadership ability to identify strategic priorities, bring together different internal groups and deliver results.
- Ability to operate in an evolving ecosystem, helping to establish new approaches or solutions is required
- Ability to work cross-functionally and be able to influence senior leaders and peers is required
- Strong cross-cultural and teamwork skills is required
- Sound ethical judgement and integrity and an ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively lead internal and external audiences to desired outcomes is required
- Ability to advance on multiple priorities under pressure is required
- Strong program management skills is required
- Self-motivation, Impact and influence required
- Strategic Thinking & Business acumen required
- Drive to make a difference is required
- Multiple language skills preferred, including local languages for specific region supported in Africa
- Experience working with industry groups and alliances preferred
- Experience working on multi-lateral organizations or government agencies preferred
- Consistent record in identifying policy trends affecting public and private health sector and/or the biopharmaceutical or vaccine Research & Development industry and advancing policy solutions is preferred
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
To apply for this job please visit jnj.jibeapply.com.