Dangote Group Recruitment for General Manager Mechanical – Cement Industry. Please go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
About Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
Job Title: General Manager Mechanical – Cement Industry
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
To provide critical lead to the sectional (operations) manager in ensuring that the production equipment are in perfect working condition and are available for use, at an optimal cost of reliability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance in conjunction with relevant Section Heads
- Monitor maintenance activities for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
- Oversee technical staff in the performance of their duties and provide expertise as required.
- Enforce accident prevention and occupational health work procedures and regulations. Ensure the safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Coordinate Mechanical maintenance in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with industry standards, environmental restrictions, original equipment manufacturers’ recommendations and DCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare weekly/monthly maintenance reports for the attention of the Head, Mechanical Maintenance
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Mechanical Maintenance from time to time.
Education and Work Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant discipline. A
- A minimum of twenty-one (21) years plant operations related experience
Skills and Behaviours
- In-depth understanding of power plant systems and interactions among systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.