DevTech Systems, Inc.
Front Desk Officer
Company: DevTech Systems, Inc.
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech manages the MEL Activity. The Activity provides continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Nigeria and implementing partners on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation planning and management, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management.
Scope of Work
Operate Alert’s switchboard from 8.30am – 5pm; receiving and transferring telephone calls, announcing callers, taking brief messages and passing these on via the email system or connecting callers to staff members personal direct line voicemail.
Ensure all voicemail messages to main office number are taken and directed to staff members. Maintain and ensure that the answer message is appropriate. Review and update on a regular basis the staff contact and telephone extension lists.
- Maintain and update mailing lists to vendors and staff on updates from the organization.
- Maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies
- Communicate routine and general information to staff, vendors and clients about standard operational services, processes and procedures using the operational manual and administrative policy
- Receive, process and ensure confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Prepare routine correspondence, reports and other documents in supporting the MEL specialist
- Keeping track and process vendor payment when due
- Provide back-up support to the Administrative Officer when needed
- Support training in collating, stapling and distribution of printed materials.
- Review operational documents and ensure proper formatting
- Compose written communication and proofread documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation and basic formatting before sending off to clients or vendor.
- Keep track of all meeting and training attendance sheet for audit purpose (in a box file).
- Plan, organize and coordinate daily cleaning activity
- Serve as first-line liaison to internal and external contacts and provide general office support
- Greet customers, answer telephone, provide directions or information and solve routine issues
- Send updates on office process and information to staff on a daily basis.
- Support the operations team in procurement process
- And any other job as assigned
- Ease of working in a multi-cultural, multi-dimensional, fast paced environment with competing demands;
- Shows pride in work and in assigned role;
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of main area of responsibility;
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing timeframes and deadlines;
- Motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Language Studies or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a receptionist or Front Desk Administrator
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work in a flexible and complex working environment
- Must be able to work as a team and collaborate
- Must be local Nigerian
- Good oral and written English fluency required. Proficiency in local/other language a plus.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website >>>Front Desk Officer
To apply for this job please visit devtechsys.com.