Fleet Manager Recruitment at Dryva Logistics. Please go through the requirements for this position below;
DRYVA Logistics is an integrated logistics company, providing end to end supply chain management solutions. Our portfolio covers Third Party Logistics, E-Commerce Logistics and Warehousing. We are building a team of top talents who can grow fast into senior leadership.
Job Title: Fleet Manager
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of the company’s fleet.
- Control and reduce operating costs, providing specialist knowledge relating to trucks management
- Improve the operational performance of the fleet, whilst minimizing the operative downtime.
- Work jointly with Client Accounts / Order Processing Team to ensure the allocation of vehicles/drivers based on the peculiarity of the Client’s requests.
- Work with HR in the recruitment of quality drivers into the DRYVA Logistics fleet.
- Fully responsible for driver management- develop, maintain, and adhere to disciplinary procedures, driver orientation program, and ensure preventive maintenance procedures are adhered to by all Drivers. Also, understand and communicate the Driver’s needs/complaints to the HR / Management Team.
- Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance, obtain tags for new vehicles, and renew old ones to ensure schedule fleet management.
- Facilitate timely daily, weekly, monthly truck technical inspection with the use of the truck checklist and the company’s fleet management system
- Manage maintenance schedules to ensure that the optimum number of trucks are working at all times to meet the company’s customer needs.
- Manage the company’s engagement with maintenance partner and lead the full set up of the company’s internal maintenance capabilities by setting up the right processes and policies for spare parts purchase and inventory management, vehicle repairs, vehicle assessment (pre and post-purchase), and routine inspection.
- Oversee fleet maintenance, scheduled for repairs and schedule for an annual inspection, and ensure preventive maintenance procedures are adhered to by all Drivers
- Maintain detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and schedule regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency
- Perform vehicle registration/renewals, insurance and documentation regarding the onboarding of new vehicles to the existing fleet. Keep records and make the proper filing of truck licensing and registrations.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with state and federal rules and regulations.
- Maintain and monitor the data management systems to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
- Streamline and monitor the fuel purchase system with the assistance of Fuel Cards for all vehicles and drivers. Track fuel consumption rates to identify ways to maximize fuel economy and manage fuel card usage.
- Participate in various workshops and educational programs and maintain knowledge on all industry-relevant publications.
- Develop and implement standard operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in the industry.
- Plan, process and execute vehicle purchase and vehicle replacement, working with company CEO.
- Plan and prepare an annual budget, expenditures, and analyze all financial objectives.
- Coordinate all regional (and national) fleets operation as necessary.
- Solve problems by coordinating with the insurance company, leasing company and administration office in case of incidences
- Ensure optimal utilization and security of all vehicles in fleet by monitoring Drivers’ locations and movements, through tracker management, also review field operations to proactively spot any inconsistencies with the vehicle’s movements outside the prohibited working hours
- Manage and submit the periodic reports of Driver’s performances, delivery fulfillment, and fleet utilization.
- Direct supervision of truck loadings to ensure accuracy in items, as well as conformance to loading patterns in order to prevent the likelihood of damage to materials or products during transit.
- Prepare periodic budgets (monthly/annual) on required maintenance and vehicle administration / operating costs and document acquisition and updates.
- Apply and record appropriate disciplinary actions where necessary.
- Implement and maintain policies and processes to ensure the fleet operates effectively and efficiently, educating staff with the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing & frequency.
- HND / B.Sc in Transport & Logistics Management or other related fields.
- Cognate 5-10 years’ management experience of a fleet of 100 commercial trucks (minimum).
- Relevant professional certification in Transport in Nigeria. E.g. National Institute of Transport & Logistics is an added advantage.
- Strong practical knowledge of Nigeria fleet and transport legislation/compliance requirements for the transport industry.
- Extensive knowledge of route planning and Driver management.
- Experience in Truck types and models, costs, utilization, and management peculiarities.
- Experience in Truck tracking and fleet maintenance systems.
- Specialist knowledge in truck management.
- Mechanical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Excellent mathematical and numerical skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management.
30th June, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com