West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is currently recruiting Financial Analyst at their Onne, Rivers office. See the job requirement before applying for this position.
About West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first greenfield container terminals to be built in Nigeria under a public-private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world. We run a profitable business that has been made possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment, and superior e-commerce capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Onne, Rivers
Job Type: Full Time
- Assumes revenue/credit control responsibility and verify that all billable items are invoiced, including controls over-invoicing at the customer service office
- Ensure royalty accounting and payment are done on time and correctly. Royalties refer to all NPA dues or bills, OGFZA dues and bills.
- Ensure all Adhoc invoices are raised and revenue correctly accounted
- Assures quality and continuous optimization of financial processes as well as identify the opportunity for process improvement through automation
- Assumes cost control responsibility and ensure cost leadership is applied at all times
- Prepare periodic cost centre reports to check departmental spend against budget and a previous year spent
- Engage with departmental heads to understand the spending and agree on ways to control, improve and take unnecessary cost out of their processes
- Be responsible for inventory accounting to ensure correct accounting of inventory at all time
- Work closely with other departmental analysts to understand and educate them on the impact of the department’s activities on the Financials of the company and advice ways of improving same to ensure a positive impact on the P&L statement
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by head of finance or designate.
We are looking for:
- Minimum university degree in Business or Accounting. Qualification as a Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant, or equivalent is preferable.
- Requires as least Five years of progressively more responsible general accounting and finance experience preferably in the private sector, audit and in transportations or related industry.
- Must have a working knowledge of Management Accounting fundamentals and its applications.
- Must be familiar with best practices in the professional field of accounting and financial analysis.
- Must be familiar with commercial law, credit agreements, concession, and management agreements, and other related legislation, decrees, and legal opinions.
- Must have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of accounting specific software. Requires proficiency in various software applications and programs, specifically EXCEL spreadsheets
- Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data
- We run a profitable business that has been made possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
3rd December 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.maersk.com.