Action Against Hunger
Feedback and Compliant Mechanism (FCM) Assistant at Action Against Hunger (Yobe). Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Feedback and Compliant Mechanism (FCM) Assistant
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job type: Full Time
Experienced level: Entry Level
Direct Line Manager: FCM Officer
Proposed Start date: August 2021
Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe.
- Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
- AAH is looking to fill the role of Feedback and Complaints Mechanism assistant to implement the organization’s feedback mechanisms to strengthen the quality and accountability of emergency response and ensure beneficiaries access to Feedback and Complaints Mechanism channels.
- Participate in creating staff awareness and commitment to a feedback and complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs and ACF core policies are respected;
- Support the set up of various Feedback and Complaints Response Mechanisms in relevant project locations;
- In remote management area, support the establishment of Accountability Focal Person (training, regular meetings, tracking of their reporting requirements);
- Ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe and refer program specific complaints to relevant program managers for resolution;
- Submit FCM specific project report for donor reporting when required;
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress related to the internal cases referred to the programs/projects;
- Support trainings of external stakeholders on accountability principles (vendors, community volunteers, health workers, etc.);
- Support trainings on accountability principles for new employees and conduct regular refresher trainings for all existing employees.
- Management of the toll free lines and complaints booths
- Respond to enquiries from program beneficiaries ensuring confidentiality of all related data;
- Support the MEAL and Program teams in activity implementation, to ensure beneficiary have access to FCM channels (feedback days, complaints booths, field visits…)
- Ensure the queries of callers using setup hotline are answered while respecting ethical and professional behavior in accordance with the ACF standard operating procedures and HAP guidelines;
- Supervise the logging in of all feedback, complaints and response in the FCM database, coming from all channels;
- Degree / Diploma in Management, Social Research, Development Studies or a related field;
- At least with 1 year of relevant experience in developing and maintaining accountability and learning activities;
- Knowledge of accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards;
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive;
- Excellent computer skills especially developing databases;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local languages (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani…);
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing;
- Previous experience in handling feedback mechanism;
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Fluency in English and at least one local language (especially Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri, both written and spoken skills);
- Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards;
- Experience in carrying out design and implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria;
- Experience of developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for cash transfer Programme;
Minimum Basic Salary and Benefit
- NGN 172,695 per month.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Thursday, 22nd July, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit acfinternational.applytojob.com.