Website British American Tobacco Nigeria
Digital Marketing Manager at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BAT), Interested and qualified candidates should see the job details and apply.
British American Tobacco Nigeria (BAT)
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Job Number: 31304
Function: Marketing & Sales
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
Reports to: Head of New Categories
Reporting Level: Middle Management
Geographic Scope: West and Central Africa Region
- BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
- To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The individual has to have a consistent track record of developing digital marketing strategies, implementing digital ecosystems and have experience in leading and developing people while working effectively within a robust and diverse team.
- You will be leading innovative multi-channel end to end strategies for the constantly evolving digital ecosystem and working in a multifunctional team to build successful digital operations and setting important metrics for all digital touchpoints.
- You’ll need to be experienced, driven agile, willing to challenge the status quo and easily switch between offering strategic leadership and day to day hands on operational excellence in a fast paced and changing environment. Your knowledge will craft the digital strategy, steer standard methodologies and build strategies to drive online traffic, conversion and retention.
- Develop, support and own the short and long-term digital strategy
- Ensure full alignment of digital strategy with identified Business & Marketing objectives
- Establish clear goals and targets for the company and the team
- Ensure sustainability of the channel from a performance and financial standpoint
- Collaborate with other functions & units to lead overall online presence of the company
- Constantly thrive to develop new touch points and increase the reach of the digital channel, provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Ensure detailed reporting of internal, external and competitors’ digital activities in order to identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance
- Guide and support the entire team with the deployment of the strategy
- Propose and implement approved technological roadmap to support the business strategy.
- Identify and partner with the right agencies, technology suppliers and specialists to increase digital marketing results
- Map portfolio of suppliers with the vital capabilities to deliver the objectives, according to BAT’s procurement & IT standards.
- Plan, track and report on digital marketing budget aligned with current planning and reporting structure
- Accountable for the delivery of the digital portfolio, guaranteeing accomplishment of goals, schedule, cost, resources, quality and alignment with global structures.
- Effectively collaborate, drive accountability with Information and Digital Technology (IDT) Team and play a lead role in Digital cell to deliver digital roadmap. Delivering on Marketing and IDT critical metrics.
- Effectively communicate status of the portfolio for top teams (i.e. Marketing and IT).
- Regular review of agreed digital metrics including return on investment, suggesting improvements and seizing opportunities.
- Pro-actively share knowledge and expertise, be the source of information and inspiration on the latest trends in the digital arena.
- Engage and empower the marketing team to thrive in a fast pace environment
- Coordinate performance, development and career of the team
- Embed digital marketing as a new channel for the organization
- Lead projects teams and makes sure they stay productive by taking project issues off of their hands (remove blockers and showstopper).
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and/or Information Technology or related field, NYSC Completed
- 7 years+ of demonstrable Digital Marketing and/or Digital IT leadership experience in roles of increasing complexity and accountability.
- Strong understanding of key marketing principles: consumer centric and journey, user experience, target audience, media planning, etc.
- Proven experience in designing & implementing direct to consumer digital marketing strategy including; e-commerce, database acquisition and management, CRM activation, content development, SEO, social media activation and digital paid media. As well as Mobile, ecommerce, Social, Web and UX technologies expertise
- Previous experience in consumer goods or retail industries or digital agency is preferred
- Managing suppliers and agencies and getting the best from them
- Creative, able to work in a matrix fast paced environment and plan time accordingly
- Ability to influence and gain on board effectively at all levels
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. English is a requirement, French an asset.
- Any professional certification in digital technologies (e.g. APIs, Cloud, etc.) and Agile Project Management (e.g. SCRUM, PMI, etc.) are desired.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit careers.bat.com.