APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited / Gte
Data Science Specialist at APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited / Gte. Please make sure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Science Specialist
Requisition ID: api-30366
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment type: Full Time
Department: Monitoring Evaluation & Surveillance
- S/he will lead the collection of large datasets from different sources, clean, analyze and draw insights for improved program implementation.
- In addition, S/he will design Innovative solutions at short notice, participate in scientific publications, including peer-reviewed publications, liaise with stakeholders and provide solutions for their data need. The Data Science Specialist will report directly to the Director of Data Science.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write scripts for frequent on-demand and routine data analysis for both internal and external use
- Analysis of big data In HIV, TB or any other field assigned by the supervisor
- Work with large datasets and perform basic procedures such as sub-setting, merging, deduplication, re-labelling, amongst other important
- Build models such as predictive models using advanced statistical and machine learning approaches
- Analyze data using appropriate, advanced statistical methods such as multiple linear regression, mixed effect modelling, amongst other methods
- Develop detailed data guide for use in surveys, surveillance and other research activities
- Write research proposals, protocols, and ethics/IRB documentation
- Carry out data analysis, draw inferences and write the report
- Design surveys, determine sample size, write and review research reports, and share research findings in different dissemination platforms, including conferences and peer-reviewed journals
- Build simple to complex program dashboards on Excel, PowerBI and or other platforms
- Work with team members from other departments
- Other tasks that may be assigned
- Master’s Degree and/or PhD in Data Science, Mathematics, (Bio)statistics, Epidemiology, Computer Sciences or any related scientific field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience doing data analysis or epidemiology in HIV programs, or any infectious disease program such as TB
- Professional experience working with at least two of STATA, Python, R, PowerBI and/or MySQL
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong mathematical, statistical, and machine learning skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and innovative approach to challenges
- Great interpersonal skills, communication (written and spoken) skills, accountability and integrity
- Great team-player, attention to details and accept feedback
- Fluency in English Language (professional level)
Application Closing Date
26th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit www.apin.org.ng.