Corporate Account Manager Recruitment at 54gene. Please go through the requirements for this position below;
54gene Nigeria was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
Job Title: Corporate Account Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Dir., Sales & Customer Support
- As an integral part of the Sales Team, the Account Manager for Corporate accounts strategically drives 54gene’s diagnostics sales and business growth by developing and maintaining relationships with major clients within and outside the healthcare ecosystem. These clients will spread across different industries including but are not limited to; Fast Moving Consumer goods, Banking, Oil &Gas, Education, Pharmaceutical companies, etc.
- With direction from the Director of Sales and Customer Support, s/he pursues both new accounts and seeks business expansion opportunities with current clients
- The Corporate Account Manager provides detailed products and service information to (potential) clients, gives presentations, provides sales quotations, and responds to requests for proposals. S/he manages the client relationship lifecycle ensuring that the diagnostics sales targets are met
- By maintaining a high level of client satisfaction, the Account Manager promotes ongoing contract renewal, and subsequent partnerships/collaborations with existing partners and clients.
- Drive delivery of revenue targets for the diagnostics business in assigned accounts
- Meet or exceed the sales goal(s) for the assigned accounts and/or territory by consultatively selling Diagnostics services
- Work with the Director of sales and Customer support and the leadership to develop, evaluate and refine overall product and sales strategies.
- Continuously assess channel strategies to develop current partners further and recruit new ones as necessary
- On an ongoing basis, tracks sales performance, review sales forecasting and sales trend in assigned accounts, in conjunction with the Sales Director and other relevant stakeholders
- Generate weekly reports on accounts performance that are shared with the Director of sales and customer support for consolidation
- Evaluate contracts and revenue performance against plan with the Director of Sales, reviewing sales success and shortfalls
- Ensure diligent and timely negotiation for renewing contract/compliance Implement sales strategies, tactics and initiatives to support the attainment of predetermined sales goals, including the prioritization of accounts, identification of decision-makers and utilization of sales tools.
- Stay abreast of trends in the Diagnostics industry to generate market insights leading to the development of products that consolidate 54gene’s position as a leader in molecular diagnostics
- Build multidisciplinary and cross-functional team relationships
- Provide input on solutions, new services or areas of technology that will enhance the current marketing strategy
- Communicate with both internal and external stakeholders, to implement strategies and corrective measures that guarantee client’s satisfaction
- Participate in external training and development opportunities appropriate business management methodologies and practices to foster a culture of client relationship and operational delivery / optimization excellence
- Represent 54gene at industry meetings and various regional and national trade shows and membership meetings
- Drive and maintain full compliance with Group policies and international laws relevant to channel management, in particular anti-corruption
Client Relationship Management:
- Liaise with senior level contacts to establish and maintain key organizational points of contact, communicate next steps for future interactions, including leadership level meetings to support, foster, and grow client relationships
- Communicate with prospective clients to understand their needs, and explain 54gene Diagnostics value; build new client relationships based in trust and respect
- Identify and pursue all outbound leads for Diagnostics in line with the organization’s strategy
- Negotiate with customers while providing proposals, quotations, and service agreements that are reviewed by the Director of sales and senior management
- Document activity and report progress on an ongoing basis within the 54 gene sales database(s)/CRM system(s)
- Act as a client advocate with focus on improving the client experience
- Provide continued client engagement on 54gene products and services
- Facilitate and lead meetings between 54gene and customers to proactively co-develop operational, business, and/or project related solutions, and/or resolve conflict and manage business risk as needed
- Manage and meet client expectations by collaborating with and communicating customer priorities and project resource requirements to 54gene teams
- Ensure performance tracking and analytics to optimize service delivery are in place; ensure adequate progress is made toward meeting contractual goals/milestones
- Communicate gap areas to management to address major issues impacting delivery of current and future business; escalate to leadership if appropriate for issue resolution
- Document all activities and customer information in CRM system
- Meet with key clients on a regular basis and provide feedback to the Director of Sales of Customer Support, Marketing Operations and senior management on client satisfaction and needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work responsibilities to meet deadlines
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including demonstrated track record selling to C-level executives
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and ability to follow-through
- Strong presentation skills, proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences, internally and externally
- Superior interpersonal skills, with emphasis on relationship building and networking; excellent active listening skills
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the company and externally
- Understanding of consumer behaviors and industry trends
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM/client database software systems
- Knowledge of the Diagnostics industry in Nigeria, preferred
- Ability to thrive in a complex, cross-functional and science-driven environment
- Cross-cultural competency; ability to work with a diverse, global team
- English fluency.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science in a Biological Science, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Nursing or Clinical Degree or related field; required; Advanced Biological Science Degree is preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in sales/business
- 2+ years of experience as an account manager/account executive preferably in the biotechnology/diagnostics products market
- 2+ years commercial experience in the healthcare, life sciences, or pharmaceutical industry;
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, swiftly changing entrepreneurial environment; experience in rapidly growing companies, preferred
- Experience working in a company based in multiple locations, preferred; global experience a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit 54gene.zohorecruit.com.