West African Health Organisation (WAHO)
Consultant at the West African Health Organisation (WAHO). Please all applicants are to ensure they have to go through the requirements for this job before applying.
The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), with a mandate to ensure the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of the health of the people in the ECOWAS region.
Within the framework of the Regional “Reproductive Health and REV Prevention Programme in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)”, WAHO and the German Financial Cooperation (Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau / KFW) have agreed to establish a Regional Financing Mechanism for Reproductive Health Commodities.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Consultant to Support Project Beneficiary Countries in the Identification, Documentation and Sharing of Best Practices
Reference No.: FM / TEND / AMI / 2020 / 016 / SPM / APM / bk
Location: West Africa
Project: Sahel Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases Project (SM/NTD)
The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), tasked with ensuring the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of health for the people in the ECOWAS region. One of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in the region is communicable and non-communicable diseases. Disease control and the prevention of epidemics are therefore, among the priorities of the 15 countries in the ECOWAS region and a central tenet of WAHO activities.
The World Bank has provided grants to ECOWAS for WAHO to implement the Sahel Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (SM/NTD) Project, covering Burkina Faso, Niger and Mali. The project is aimed at increasing access to and use of harmonised community-level services for the prevention and treatment of malaria and select neglected tropical diseases in the cross-border areas of beneficiary countries.
The West African Health Organisation, therefore, seeks to recruit an individual Consultant to support the SM/NTD project by identifying, documenting and sharing of best practices through-out the beneficiary countries within the region.
General and Specific Objectives
The overall objective of the mission is to support WAHO and the SM/NTD project by identifying, documenting and sharing of best practices within the three (3) beneficiary countries in the region.
Specifically, the consultant shall:
- Through a participatory and consensual process based on objective criteria, identify and document best practices in the 3 beneficiary countries and at WAHO;
- Draw up a list of practices identified;
- Make recommendation for scaling up good practices;
- Make recommendations to address bottlenecks and barriers to project implementation
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant
The Consultant will carry out this assignment under the supervision of the PMU General Coordinator and the SM/NTDs Project Coordinator and using a participatory approach involving all project stakeholders. This shall include:
- Consult key stakeholders/key informants, the list of whom should be agreed with the project coordinating entity;
- Carry out field visits and virtual consulting as required with a view to engaging with stakeholders in the field (countries), documenting best and poor practices;
- Examine reports and documents (Project Document, Project Progress Reports, Annual Budgeted Work Plans, Project Activity Reports, Communication Products), resulting from the implementation of technical interventions and any workshop/meetings as part of the implementation of the project ;
- Identify and describe the experiences or examples of best practices, within the framework of the implementation of the project, that can be disseminated, including the conditions or pre-requisites for their replication;
- Collate the best practices identified and propose strategies and activities for sharing best practices identified in the three (3) countries and in the region;
- Propose solutions to correct the poor practices observed;
- Facilitate a workshop to validate the report of the consulting mission if required.
You may also like this; Nigerian Air Force Recruitment begins Intake | See full Guideline
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
The Consultant must have the following qualifications and skills:
- Hold a University Degree and a Postgraduate Degree in Public Health or Social Sciences;
- Have a sound knowledge of technical strategies for malaria control and NTDs in the West African region ;
- Have at least 15 years of professional experience in health;
- At least three (03) project evaluation or capitalization missions in health domain in the last ten (10) years, one of which must be on NTD;
- Have excellent communication and good knowledge sharing skills
- A good knowledge of the ECOWAS region’s Health System will be an advantage;
- Previous experience in health project coordination and management with focus on Neglected Tropical Diseases will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in word processing and data analysis, Word, Power point, Epi Info, Excel and Access databases will be an advantage;
- Working knowledge of English and French will be an advantage
Evaluation Criteria for Consultant job at the West African Health Organisation (WAHO)
- Hold a University Degree and a Postgraduate Degree in Public Health or Social Sciences: 20 points
- General Experiences at least 15 years of professional experience in health: 20 points
- Specific experiences at least three (03) project evaluation or capitalization missions in health domain in the last ten (10) years, one of which must be on NTD: 30 points Excellent communication and good knowledge sharing skills: 10 points.
- Knowledge of technical strategies for Malaria and NTD in west Africa: 10 points
Desirable Criteria incorporated in global score (10 points):
- Previous experience in health project coordination and management with a focus on Neglected Tropical Diseases is an asset;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS Region’s Health System;
- Working knowledge of English (the working language of World Bank) and French (language in the Sahel) will be an advantage.
Method of Application
- The desired individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures for the selection of individual consultants set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.worldbank.org
- Further information can be obtained from the address below and during working days and hours Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00 GMT
- Lalaissa AMOUKOU
- Email: [email protected]
- WAHO or the WB will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the individual consultant in connection with the preparation or delivery of the EOI.
13th August 2020.
To apply for this job please visit www.wahooas.org.