Website Cece Yara Foundation
The Cece Yara Foundation is an NGO that is into Child Protection and prevent Child Sexual Abuse in Nigeria. They are currently recruiting Child Advocacy Centre Manager job at there Abuja office. Please read below to know more about this jobs
Job Title: Child Advocacy Centre Manager
Category: NGO jobs
Organization: The Cece Yara Foundation
The Cece Yara Foundation is an operational non-profit organization set up to promote Child Protection and prevent Child Sexual Abuse in Nigeria. Our mission is to strengthen child protection and prevent child sexual abuse in Nigeria.
We focus on preserving the joyfulness of an innocent childhood by preventing abuse and upholding the rights of the child as enshrined in the Nigerian Child Rights Act and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- A child- centered not-for-profit governmental organisation seeks a Centre Manager that who will manage its Abuja Child Advocacy Centre (CAC). The Centre provides a one stop response to children that are sexually abuse or are at the risk of being abused.
- The organisation was established in 2016 to prevent child sexual abuse and provide access to care, information, protection and emergency intervention for children who are sexually abused or at risk, and their non – offending family members.
- The Foundation provides the ideal response to children through a 24-hour free child telephone helpline and its child-friendly Child Advocacy Centre based in Lagos, which provides professional counselling, medical, legal and psycho-social support, as well as referral services.
- The Foundation also conducts prevention programs for children and adults to raise the awareness of sexual abuse, and to educate adults on how to protect children from sexual abuse.
- The post holder should have at least 3years working experience in child protection with first degree in humanities, resident in Abuja and speaks Hausa fluently.
- He or she will be accountable to the Assistant Director of the organisation. The Abuja Centre Manager will be responsible for all staff working within or from the Abuja CAC as identified by the Assistant Director CAC.
- The post holder will be responsible for managing all aspects of running the Centre to ensure all children who have been abused and non-offending families are supported with legal, psychosocial, medical and referral services.
- The CAC Centre Manager manages the Case Management Team to ensure that they provide support to children (abused) and their non-offending families in line with case management plan.
- Ensure ongoing implementation of the organisation’s policies and strategic plans
- Building and maintaining an effective management team
- Assuming full accountability for the Centre’s operations
- Maintain public relations of the Centre with a wide range of contacts and networks.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Reports to the Founder strategic plans, results and progress of programs.
- Checkmate the efficient use of the Foundation’s properties, stationeries and supervise and monitor reordering process when is necessary.
- Supports relationships with partner organizations in reference to common goals and programs needs Facilitate collaborative opportunities with other civil society organizations.
- Maintain relationships with government and other stakeholder organization.
- Engage with government and donor experts and agencies on child right matters at federal, state and local government levels.
- Write and track grant proposals and Assist in managing fundraising programs.
- Research on current and trending topics for the Foundation’s conferences and ensure the best agenda possible from content and logistical perspective.
- Hire, train and manage staff of assistants and volunteers as and when the need arises.
- Achieve budget goals, through close monitoring of revenue and expenses, and proposal of corrective actions.
- To continuously monitor and develop relevant accountability initiatives in the field as well as strengthening the effort to document the impact of Foundation’s activities.
- Ensure the ongoing formal and informal appraisal/evaluation of staff performance, including follow up on Results Contracts and annual written appraisals
- Responsible for determining necessary program adjustments which ensure the program’s success.
- Develop work plans and budgets for projects that allow program implementation to run smoothly and effectively.
- Develop and maintain mechanisms for an appropriate system of fiscal accountability, grant administration/management and community intervention.
- Provide strategic guidance to program while contributing to program context and needs.
- Build on new and existing relationship with civil society network and work towards strengthening the Foundation’s advocacy and capacity building strategies.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Develop background documents, briefs, and presentations, including carrying out relevant literature reviews and analysis on the rights of a child
- Monitor program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework.
- Organize and coordinate Radio, TV and other related activities to market the conference where necessary
- Organize pre and post conference meetings and activities, execute logistics for the conference day.
- Manage all activities for seamless and timely delivery
Common Duties and Responsibilities
- To set, monitor and evaluate standards at individual, team performance and service quality so that the client and centre requirements are met and that the highest standards are maintained.
- To establish and manage the team communications systems ensuring that the CAC procedures, policies, strategies and objectives are effectively communicated to all team members.
- To ensure that professional practice in the team is carried out to the highest standards and developed in line with the CAC stated objectives of continual improvement in quality of its services.
Health and Safety:
- To ensure that the Health and Safety policy, organisation arrangements and procedures as they related to areas, activities and personnel under your control are understood, implemented and monitored.
- To provide vision and leadership to staff within a specialist team, ensuring that effective systems are in place for workload allocation and management, the application of the CAC procedures, policies, strategies and objectives, including those relating to equality, supervision and appraisal and all aspects of their performance, personal development, health and welfare.
- To manage a designated budget (as required) ensuring that the CAC achieves value for money in all circumstances through the monitoring and control of expenditure and the early identification of any financial irregularity.
- Confidentiality All members of staff are required to undertake that they will not divulge to anyone personal and/or confidential information to which they may have access during the course of their work.
METHOF OF APPLICATION
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org