Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD)
Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) Recruits Social Media Intern
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity-building organization. The Centre was founded to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in the West Africa sub-region. As the foremost think tank on democratization and development in West Africa, CDD provides alternatives and best practices in support of democracy and good governance in the region.
CDD is in an exciting phase of its development. It is rapidly expanding its capacity to engage on emergent issues that will shape West African affairs in the coming decade. For example, it is expanding its portfolio on technology and society projects, including combatting false information, studying the use of technology in political campaigning, and an online tool to keep the Nigerian president accountable to his campaign policies. CDD will not stop there it is looking into Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies like Artificial Intelligence and how they will impact society. All this builds upon its established capacity to engage on issues of transitional justice, insecurity and conflict, peace and mediation, and gender rights.
Job Title: Social Media Intern
- The Centre requires two Social Media Interns to support its rapidly expanding engagement of the social media space.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites
- The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to website redesign projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing website and conducting keyword analysis.
- Work with the Communication Lead to create and implement campaigns across programme portfolio
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for the organization’s products / materials
- Monitor analytics to identify viable ideas
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Assist in design advocacy strategies and plans; facilitate stakeholders engagements
- Support Communications Team to proactively engage in outreach using relevant technology and innovative tools.
Educational Qualification & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- 1+ years experience in social media management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop.
28th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, Resume or CV (in one file) by email to: [email protected] The Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for. For example, Subject: Ayobami Fatimah Chukwuemeka, Factchecker.
- Only applications submitted via e-mail will be evaluated
- Scanned applications will be disregarded
- Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply
- Female candidates are also encouraged to apply for this job
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org