Internal Auditor Recruitment at Graceco Limited.
Graceco Limited – We are a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. We are a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
In our company you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfil their potential. Our rapid expanding business means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight and acquire life time experience.
Location: Alagbado, Lagos
Reporting to: Finance & Control Director
Working time: Normally between 7:30am-5pm Mondays to Fridays and 8:30am-3pm on Saturdays.
Detailed Job Description
Review the company’s operations and business practices, highlight areas for improvement and engage with all internal stakeholders to improve controls, mitigate identified risks and deliver the 3 ‘E’ i.e. Economy, Efficiency and Effectiveness in Production, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing, Human Resources and Finance. Key Process areas for review include, but are not limited to:
- Production Processes and Practices:
- Meeting of supply-demand
- Management and utilization of production resources
- Commercial Practices:
- Revenue recognition
- Management of Trade Spend
- Management of Sales Force Incentive Scheme
- Customer’s Master Data management
- Credit Management and Control
- Warehousing and Inventory Management:
- Warehousing practices
- Validation of existence of stock quantities and valuation
- Trade Receivables and Trade Payables management
- Financial Controls
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- General ledger and Sub-ledger reconciliations
- Adequacy of controls and changes to Vendor / Customer Master File 5.4 Procure to Pay process
- T&E Expenses Management
- Fixed Assets Management
- Human Resources management:
- Safety, Environment and Security:
- Annual assessment of risks, including review of risk management policies and business Process methodology, and evaluation of the adequacy of Internal controls to determine the status of the company’s overall risk and control environment and to safeguard the company’s Assets
- Prepare Annual Audit Plan and Strategy, within the identified inherent emerging risks in the company and structure audit activities of operations to align with the strategic direction of the business to achieve organizational efficiency
- Evaluate the accuracy and reliability of the Company’s Financial Statements and Management Reports and highlight areas for improvement in business controls as a service to management
- Evaluate and provide report on the risk of fraud associated with revenue recognition and the risk of management override of controls
- Review enterprise wide usage of the company’s accounting and reporting software, ERPNext for adherence to controls within the systems at all levels
- Liaise with external Auditors and provide required information to external Auditors
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Finance and Control Director.
Requisite Qualifications / Experience
- B.Sc (1st or 2nd Class Upper) in Social Sciences or Management
- Qualified Accountant – ACA
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Audit, proficiency in Financial and Management Accounting
- Ms Office packages and Power Point Presentation.
- Applicant must conversant with Companies and Allied Matters Act CAP C20 LFN 2004, Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria Act, 2011, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as published by IASB, Pensions Reforms Act 2014 and Nigerian Tax Laws.
Required Skills / Attributes:
- Good team player
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong sense of professionalism, integrity, and sound judgment and tact
- High level of sincerity and honesty with pragmatic and proactive approach to business
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal skills, people management and negotiating skills
- High awareness of quality issues and attention to details
Method of Application
1st June, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit graceco.com.ng .