Emergency Response Africa (ERA
Backend Developer Recruitment at Emergency Response Africa (ERA). Please go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Emergency Response Africa (ERA) is a health tech start-up on a mission to provide medical care to emergency victims in Africa. Many African countries do not have access to an emergency system like 9-1-1, resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths annually. We are determined to change that. ERA trains first responders and equip them with intelligent dispatch and communications technology and low-cost medical transportation to create a sustainable and scalable emergency medical system in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Developer
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Back-end Developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes.
- The Back-end Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
- To succeed as a Backend Developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Programming, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as NodeJS, Java, PHP, Python may be required.
- Strong understanding of the web as well as mobile development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Recent experience with developing and deploying solutions in a cloud computing environment such as AWS / Google cloud.
How to Apply
22nd December, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit emergencyresponseafrica.freshteam.com.