Website Arik Air
Arik Air recruits planning engineer
Job Title: Planning Engineer
Reporting to: Supervisor Maintenance Planning and Production Control
Direct reports: N/A
Arik Air – Launched in 2006, Arik Air is West Africa largest airline. Positioned at the commercial hub airport of one of the world’s leading emerging economies, Arik Air currently serves an ever expanding route network of key cities in Nigeria, Africa, Europe and the US. Arik Air boasts a modern fleet of 28 aircraft.
- Coordinate all Airworthiness related activities and ensue scheduled maintenance compliance is accurate in accordance with the Aircraft Maintenance Schedule.
- Planning of all Arik Air Limited’s aircraft maintenance events to ensure Airworthiness of Arik Air Limited’s fleet of aircrafts
- Ensure that all planned maintenance events are done in accordance with the authority’s (NCAA) regulations (NIG. CARs)
- Prepare and distribute applicable work order required for work packages and customized task cards for the accomplishment of maintenance tasks (scheduled and unscheduled) and create flow chart for checks.
- Prepare materials, tools and equipment, man-power requirements of scheduled maintenance works and coordinate with applicable section to ensure availability of the afore stated items and ensure sufficient aircraft ground time for tasks to be accomplished
- Review completed paper work of assigned work order and work packages for accuracy and completeness and ensure the completed work is updated into the system and signed paper work delivered to aircraft records
- Prepare weekly aircraft, engines and components status and forecast for the next 30 days of all scheduled maintenance
- Development and preparation of project plans and project critical path analysis
- Prepare long term, mid and short term maintenance forecast for Arik Air Limited’s fleet and distribute to all concerned.
- Review Engineering Orders (EOs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs) and other manufacturer documents to ascertain materials, man power and processes required for the accomplishment of work instructions specified in these documents are available
- Monitor and ensure update of CAMO Software (OASES)
- Prepare and generate the cost of all maintenance tasks on man-hour calculations.
- Coordinate with MCC and Supply Chain on Open deferred defects (MEL and Non-MEL) to ensure timely closure
- Prepare reports essential in maintaining the Airworthiness of the company’s fleet of aircrafts
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by respective Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Higher National Diploma (HND)/ Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field or a holder of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License.
- 2-3 years of experience of work within an airline Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering unit with at least 1 year in maintenance planning.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to meet assigned project deadlines with self directed decision making confidence.
- Excellent organizational skills & good team player.
- High standard of computer literacy.
This role relates with all Baggage Handlers, Duty Managers, Turnaround Coordinators, Station managers
- Supervisor Maintenance Planning and Production Control
- Manager – Maintenance Planning and Production Control
- Supervisor – Maintenance Programmes & Reliability
- Engineering Manager
- Technical Records officers
- Maintenance Service Providers
- Line Maintenance Engineers
- Quality Department
- Supply Chain etc
METHOD OF APPLICATION
ALL Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com