The management of Plan International is currently hiring an Admin intern in Nigeria. Please all applicants should make sure they meet the job requirements.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Intern
Location: FCT, Abuja
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the Country office in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements, and Nigerian laws.
- The post holder will be supervised by the Admin Coordinator and expected to work very closely with other members of the Country office and field offices.
Dimension of Role:
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and externally with vendors, service providers, consultants etc.
- The post holder will contribute to the effective administration and logistics management in the Country office and give support to the field office where necessary.
Key Roles / Responsibilities for Admin Intern at Plan International
- Support the Admin Coordinator in generating routine contracts
- Facilitate the process of setting up Long Term Agreements with vendors
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of the inventory register
- Ensure timely welcome services, hotel reservation, and flights bookings and other support services for staff and visitors
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the office
- Prepares and Maintains records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule. nmfb covid 19 loan.
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing
- Support the planning and organization of meetings and workshops
- Maintain vehicle and Generator maintenance log
- Ensure that vehicles and generators are in good conditions and liaise with the Admin Coordinator about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Ensures that the SAP system is used to capture all necessary activities as required.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Admin Coordinator
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A degree in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- 2 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role
- Experience in the use of SAP
- Excellent writing and speaking in the English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
Method of Application
All those interested and qualified for the ongoing Admin Intern job at Plan International should Click here to apply
2nd July, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.